This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

190 puller

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobo Husker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 190 puller
    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 at 3:48pm
Sorry to be a pest on here, but having a hard time finding info elsewhere. I got my bounce issue resolved. More weight to the back. I need to find a better oil pump though. Only getting about 30 psi cold with sae 30. It currently has a cam driven pump. Options and where to go for them?

Any help would really be appreciated!
Sponsored Links

DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2019 at 4:01pm
If you see 55 psi when throttled up over 2,000 RPM, that is enough. The pressure adjustment is a 3/4" hex plug behind the injection pump area.  You cannot control what the low idle pressure is. Do you have piston cooling jets??
Bobo Husker View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobo Husker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2019 at 4:45pm
I have 45 psi @ 3000 rpms.
No I do not have the piston cooling jets.
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobo Husker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2019 at 4:46pm
Can I screw that in more for pressure? Sounds to simple.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2019 at 5:14pm
Yes, you can. If it makes no difference, the seat down inside the block might be worn causing lower oil pressure.
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobo Husker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2019 at 5:38pm
Thanks again Dr Allis. What is available for external oil pumps.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2019 at 1:26pm
I have used your camshaft driven pump before without issues, so let's figure it out. I have built a couple that we installed a small (4 GPM) pump from Northern Hydraulics where the hydraulic pump would normally go. This pump used engine oil and pumped the oil to the steering orbitrol and thru a remote mounted engine oil filter and then into the left rear corner of the engine block to combine 4 GPM of clean oil to the engine while providing power steering. This was also used when we went to twin turbo's.
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2019 at 6:10pm
That's crafty engineering there
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobo Husker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2019 at 7:30pm
Dr Allis, thank you! That sounds like something I could do. Did you use the gear then I assume from The hydro pump?
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobo Husker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2019 at 7:36pm
Also did you just weld a port to oil pan for the suction?
bsallis180 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bsallis180 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2019 at 5:09am
Have you ever ran the oil pump with out the factory pump?
You talk about this before and I can’t find it. You had a check valves in line before the block and another regulator or just the one in the block?
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2019 at 7:09am
I have never ran without an OEM engine oil pump (cam or crank driven) but know of a friend who has run a 7000 hydraulic pump for his engine oil pump system. He has broken three camshafts in 5 seasons of pulling with that set-up. He finally had a steel camshaft made and hasn't had any trouble since, but he also hasn't hit the track as often as he used to either. I use a simple ball check valve just before the power steering oil enters the left rear corner of the engine block to keep engine oil pressure up if for some reason the power steering oil pump ever failed, which it never has. Yes, suction out thru the side of the engine oil pan with a screen on the inside. Yes, used the regular hydraulic pump drive with a homemade coupler. The OEM pressure regulator in the block has always worked just fine. 15W-40 oil is all we've ever used.
tbran View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2019 at 10:40am
Had a customer who was wearing out the cam driven pump gear on a gasser - drilled and made a small jet to squirt oil on the cam/pump gear set.
When told "it's not the money,it's the principle", remember, it's always the money..
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2019 at 12:15pm
One of my twin-spin pullers we return turbo oil thru the distributer hole for more lube on those oil pump cam drive/driven gears.
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobo Husker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2019 at 4:57pm
Thanks again Dr Allis. Any chance you would still have a Model# for the pump you used?
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2019 at 6:34pm
Concentric/Haldex brand   Item #10565-2651 delivers 2 GPM @ 1800 pump RPM (1400 eng rpm) which is enough for power steering when using an AC orbitrol AND steering cylinder.  We always have to throttle it up to get the Crower-Glide clutch to grab, so that's no problem with only 2 GPM @ 1400 engine RPM's because by 2000 eng RPM the pump is running 2600 RPM.   Pump runs 23% faster than the engine. With the engine at 4,000 the pump is 5200 rpm for just a few seconds but never is making any serious pressure because you aren't running the steering wheel at all when buzzing down the track at 25+ MPH.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic