This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1400 field cultivator

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timmiso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1400 field cultivator
    Posted: 11 Mar 2024 at 9:27am
I’ve had a 1400 “chiselvator” for a number of years. I’ve always had problems with the residue bunching in the 3 bar coil tine harrow. Tried numerous adjustments, only way it really works in corn stalk residue (spring tillage after fall disc chisel) is if the harrow JUST touches- so I still have main shank unevenness. My current harrow times measure 12 inches, how far are they worn? Agco still sells them, but at $50/piece I’d have more in it than the unit is worth. Couple aftermarket suppliers have ones that look like they’d work, and that gains me about 3 inches- will that help my clearance problems, or is it just old enough that it can’t flow modern residue. Usually following 65-70 bpa beans (behind r52) 240 bu corn (non chopping head).
Sponsored Links

Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2024 at 10:24am
Different brand of cultivator, having the same problem. Installer taller spikes did nothing to help plugging. Took me years, but finally took the push down springs off the harrow. Much improvement. Enough weight in the harrow to do a good job. But bounces much more letting trash work through without plugging. But I did not have corn stalks, so your results may vary. Wink  But real cheap to try.
Ron(AB) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron(AB) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2024 at 1:40pm
How about buying a rough cut mower and mulch the residue into smaller bits beforehand?
405, 7000, 7050, 8050, 8070, L3, 2300 & 2600 disk
BillinAlberta View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillinAlberta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2024 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by Ron(AB) Ron(AB) wrote:

How about buying a rough cut mower and mulch the residue into smaller bits beforehand?

That was my solution until I got a disc. They don't plug.
EarlZamora View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EarlZamora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2024 at 7:33am
All good now?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic