This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

12 volt sprayer?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 12 volt sprayer?
    Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 9:46pm
 Who has the best 12 volt approx. 15 gallon sprayer. It doesn't need a trailer, I am going to use it in an ATV. Any help appreciated. Tracy Martin
Sponsored Links

Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 10:00pm
I believe they are all the same cheap pump and tank.TSC or Big R have a good variety.I have not seen what you would call a high quality 12 volt sprayer.I bought one 5 years ago and it has worked out well.15 gallon tank and I wire the pump to the lawn mower battery.believe I paid about 100 $
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 10:57pm
I just bought one at Gander Mountain in their ATV section. On the shelf for $87.00 has wand and 1 GPM - 12V pump with switches, fuse, leads to battery with clips and 3 spray nozles and 15 ft hose.
 Looked on line and on e-bay and all were over $100 to $170 . Was old stock on shelf and when I mentioned it was cheaper than they show on-line price , was told the shelf price was what they charged unless another price was cheaper.
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
John (C-IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John (C-IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2011 at 7:07am
Pat is right, they all use a pretty cheap Shur-flo pump and are essentially the same. I bought a 25 gallon unit at Rural king about 4 years ago and put it in the back of my Mule. It has been trouble free. I use a seperate battery to power mine, it will spray most of the day on one charge.
bill2260 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bill2260 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2011 at 7:11am
Same for me. I think they are pretty much alike. I bought 15 gal one around 12 years ago. Strap it to the back rack of the 4-wheeler and spray round up in fence rows one day a year. Still works great this year. Bill
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2011 at 7:24am
I've got one for the ATV.  It came with the 1 GPM pump and died after the first year so I upgraded to a 2.2 GPM pump and have been very pleased with it.  The wands on most of these are cheap throw away types so I started keeping a new one as a spare because it seemed to always break right when I needed it.  Everything was purchased from Northern Tool.
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
Ken in Texas View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2011 at 7:38am
I bought a 25 gal spot sprayer from Attwods farm supply. Used it 2 seasons with no problems. Bought a 50' hose so I can walk in from both ends of 100' garden rows. Tote it around in the tractor bucket. Works great keeping the fence rows clean. I use it for both insect and weed control. I be sure to rinse it out good with soapy water and put it up dry.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic