This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

12 HP Kohler Foot pounds

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GARY(OH/IN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 12 HP Kohler Foot pounds
    Posted: 03 Jul 2021 at 12:26pm
My Simplicity 7112 engine has passed on. I'm looking at replacing with a Predator 8 or 13 HP engine. Wondering how many foot pounds of torque the Kohler 12 HP cast iron engine serial number 10182359 had. It will only be used for mowing.

Any help is appreciated.
Sponsored Links

wjohn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2021 at 12:42pm
When I looked before it's always had to find numbers on these. There are a few charts that were probably from a Kohler sales brochure floating around. This is the best one I can find quickly: https://www.ihcubcadet.com/attachments/264487-jpg.84721/

Looks like around 22 ft-lbs for a K301?
1939 B, 1940 B, 1941 WC, 1951 WD, 1952 CA, 1956 WD-45
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2021 at 12:54pm
HP = TORQUE x RPM / 5252

TORQUE = HP x 5252 / RPM

Torque = 12 x 5252 / 3000 = 21 Ft pounds.

it all depends on what the RPM rated is for TORQUE.. May not be the same RPM as max HP.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
GARY(OH/IN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GARY(OH/IN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2021 at 12:15am
Thanks to both of you for your info.
GARY(OH/IN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GARY(OH/IN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2021 at 12:17am
Thanks to both of you for your input.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2021 at 6:03am
if it burned as much oil as the one in my LGT125 did, probably not even close to 21 ftpds.....WinkI replaced a 12HP Tecumseh (Sear St12) with a 9HP 'off shore Honda clone', and it has tons of power. Check shaft sizes ! somehwere in the HP range they change from 7/8 to 1". most snowblow engines are 7/8"...arrrgh....

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2021 at 11:15am
Had a Kohler K341 - 16 HP on my New Holland S16 - replaced it with a Tecumseh 16 Hp which seemed to have more torque - ran that for about 8 years until it seized - 
 Replaced it with a 18 HP Honda engine and still runs good . 
The Predator engine is the Chinese knock off of Honda - but seem good as put a 6 HP on my tiller and has worked fine . 
 On compactor replaced the Wisconsin Robbin engine with a Tecumseh but went through 2 engines as would not stand up to vibrations - Went with a Honda and it has run for over 6 years of use with no problems  
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic