This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

12' AC tool bar

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KC-WD45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 12' AC tool bar
    Posted: 14 Mar 2012 at 1:58pm
I just picked this up in an online auction. It was listed as a 12' AC tool bar. It appears to be in good shape and has all of its sweeps but I really don't know much about it. I thought it would work well with my WD45 but thought I would see what you guys know about it. Model number, year, do they work well etc. Thanks, Doug

Sponsored Links

Tim-tn View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim-tn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2012 at 2:11pm
Nice find. Don't know the model. From the number of shanks it might be hard for a 45 to pull it? I have been looking for one like that for my D19. If it's too big and you would like to sell it let me know... Thanks......
Brian F(IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian F(IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2012 at 2:36pm
I think that's an Oxnard toolbar that was manufactured in Oxnard, California.  It looks very similar to one in Mr. Swinford's bible.  See page 237. 

I agree. That's a nice find.

Edited by Brian F(IL) - 15 Mar 2012 at 7:43am
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2012 at 3:00pm
Must not be any rocks where they sold those.
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
Rfdeere View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rfdeere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2012 at 3:11pm
   Looks like you got another toolbar in the background ?
Randy Freshour,Member Indiana AC Partners,
http://www.rumelyallis.com
Dave (NE) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave (NE) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2012 at 7:39pm
It is similar to the 8' ripper I picked up and ran some pictures of a couple months ago.

Unit3 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2012 at 8:52pm
With the size of those sweeps, you might want to find a 190 diesel turbo with snap coupler. I would think it would pull hard. It's a good find, but oh my those are some big sweeps.
DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2012 at 9:11pm
Yeah, that's alotta teeth in the ground.  You'll want plenty of ballast on the 45, and may need to take off (actually, just turn up) some of the teeth, so you're not engaging so much earth.  Once the soil's fairly well broken, you could drop the rest of the teeth down and take another set of passes (albeit, much wider) and clean it up some more...

KC-WD45 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KC-WD45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2012 at 8:54am
I was guessing it might be a little large for my tractor but thought I could turn a few up for now. The guy I got it from used to have a D19 he bought new and I am guessing he got this to run with it. The other toolbar is one he is keeping for his d17, he said he didn't use either of them but thought he should keep one. If anyone is interested I could pass on his number and he might sell it. He is in Lyons Kansas. Both of my fields have been plowed and disked  for the last two years and don't have any rocks. I am going to give it a try (hopefully this weekend) with all of them down and see what happens. I will try to post some pictures of how it goes. Thanks for all of the comments. Doug.
AaronH View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2012 at 9:01am
That is pretty cool... all it would do for me is pull up more rocks... LOL Good find.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic