This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'10 F250 ??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: '10 F250 ??
    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 at 6:14pm
Any idea if the engineer that designed the AT shift lever still is employed ?? What a POS setup that lever is AngryAngry !! How can you use it to change gears and NOT toggle the trailer brake toggle ??? It's bad enough that you have to be mindful of the TOW/Haul, but the location of the brake controller is retarded WinkWink !!
Sponsored Links

Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2021 at 6:17pm

Built Ford Tough !
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2021 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by Gary Gary wrote:

Built Ford Tough !
Is that an excuse for stupid ?? And on the topic of  "better ideas from Ford", why is the '10 cup holder all the way down on the floor ??
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2021 at 6:34pm
The ones up high dumped the drinks to the floor anyway.
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2021 at 7:07pm
FORD has a better idea... Really I can think of many scewups that came from Ford engineers.  How much time have you got and I don't even know much about anything they've made in the last 20 years.
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2021 at 7:25pm
yours must be a column shift ??   My 2013 F150 is a floor shift with bucket seats and center console. I have not noticed any problem with the brake controller ( mine is on the dash by your right knee ??)  and the cup holders are above leg height on the console.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 7:20am
I've got a GMC with cup holders on the floor. BFD. Try changing brake lines on that thing!!!! Rear bumper made of foil thin crap steel, rusted away. Tailgate is rusted away. got a Ford 9 years older not as rusted.

Truthfully, they are all metal machines exposed to the elements and wear and tear, and the ALL are overpriced and suck.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 7:27am
Have my own 1999 F250, Supposed to have been Rust Preventative treated at the assembly stage, cab corners and rockers are gone, cannot open rear doors due to cab sag.  NONE of the Interior parts were still available after 2010 as ALL had been modified EVERY YEAR after this one built, Nine years and POOF all gone.  Intended Obsolescence, Planned end of life designs.  Paid 25k for this one, ten years later were closer to 50k now the SAME pattern truck is over 85k with similar options and will last half the time.  NONE are any better, all are within a Planned Obsolescence basis so the public MUST replace or walk.
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 7:45am
I have not noticed a problem one with that style shift lever - matter of fact I like it

What the hey, are you wrapping your whole big paw around the lever to man handle it or sumpin.

I toggle the switches with just one pinkie.

My F250 is a 2012 and still kicking butt and has never been in the shop for a problem.  Confused
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 9:04am
i had a 1978 F150, drove 250K miles............then a 1989 F250, drove it 250K miles...... then a 2001 F150, drove 250K miles........ then a 2002 F150 , drove 250K miles ........... now have a 2103 F150 with 95K miles.. Never had a motor or transmission problem on any. Did some rocker panel/ etc work when they got to be 8-10 years old. Changed my share of COPS, tires, brakes and filters... not much else.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 10:54am
Gosh Steve, that just can't be!
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 12:49pm
In the last 45 years i have had ONE transmission failure and ONE engine failure.... and they both occured on a 78 Chevy..   Last one i had.

But i got to admit , changing starter motors on a FORD 5.4 is a BICH... Way to close to the exhaust manifold and truck frame. ......i did rebuild the rear axle of the 2001 F150 at 220K miles. it was the larger 9.75 inch axle... I rode that truck hard and put away wet way too many times.

Edited by steve(ill) - 05 Jan 2021 at 12:53pm
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by Dave H Dave H wrote:

I have not noticed a problem one with that style shift lever - matter of fact I like it

What the hey, are you wrapping your whole big paw around the lever to man handle it or sumpin.

I toggle the switches with just one pinkie.

My F250 is a 2012 and still kicking butt and has never been in the shop for a problem.  Confused
OMG !!!! , here we go AGAIN !!! Where did /was a "problem" with the drive train asked ???!!! All I inquired was WHY the trailer brake sensitivity button was on the shift lever !! BTW, YES !!! I wrap my entire hand around the shifter like a man, no "pinky" involved WinkWink!! Don't get me started on the "2 position/NON latching" turn signal lever either , what a joke ConfusedConfused
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 6:12pm
Sure enough, i did not read your original post close enough.  So what kinda ford you have that has a trailer brake sensitivity adjustment on the shift lever.  My F250 is on the dash.  the only two adjustments on my shifter lever on the column is tow haul and the +_ for selecting gears 1 thru 6.  Confused

And mine is a 12.

My bad, guess the 10 had the brake adj on the shift lever.  Smile

Edited by Dave H - 05 Jan 2021 at 6:15pm
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 6:27pm
Thanks for the reply Dave, It's my dads truck and after hitting the +/- toggle multiple times , I called him to inquire about it (I'm borrowing it for a few days). Yes, I work with a guy that has a '17 F150 that has the "manual" toggle on the shifter Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic