Print Page | Close Window

Gleaner F3 walker bearings

Printed From: Unofficial Allis
Category: Allis Chalmers
Forum Name: Farm Equipment
Forum Description: everything about Allis-Chalmers farm equipment
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=212381
Printed Date: 30 Sep 2026 at 2:46am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com


Topic: Gleaner F3 walker bearings
Posted By: Doezer
Subject: Gleaner F3 walker bearings
Date Posted: 29 Sep 2026 at 9:22pm
Hello, working on my Gleaner F3. I had to have some work done to one of the straw walkers and had the wood blocks out. How do I know how tight to tighten the blocks down? I have studied my owners and service manuals and have not found any information on how tight they need to be. The only information I have found online is for John Deere. So thought I’d ask here. Thanks



Replies:
Posted By: AC7060IL
Date Posted: 29 Sep 2026 at 9:41pm
IIRC, 5/16” carriage bolts? If so don’t stretch them too tight. Just snug them down good with open end wrench or short 3/8 drive ratchet. Also important to use two lock nuts per bolt.
After they’re all tight, run machine for a few load then check them again.


Posted By: SteveM C/IL
Date Posted: 29 Sep 2026 at 10:17pm
If you kept them paired and positioned just knock all the grime out/off especially around the crank and bolt them up as stated. The double nut is good idea. They should have a little clearance in my opinion. My F2 broke the raddle drive shaft through the sprocket hole and I blame it on tight walker cranks. the tight walkers put a good pull on the raddle shaft. i like to be able to grab the walkers with drive unhooked and push/pull them around in circles by hand freely. You can shim with heavy paper to get clearance. Don't remember ever reading anything in book about it.



Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net