Print Page | Close Window

8010 elec lift pump Holley or Carter?

Printed From: Unofficial Allis
Category: Allis Chalmers
Forum Name: Farm Equipment
Forum Description: everything about Allis-Chalmers farm equipment
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=211443
Printed Date: 06 Oct 2026 at 3:55pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com


Topic: 8010 elec lift pump Holley or Carter?
Posted By: PeteMN
Subject: 8010 elec lift pump Holley or Carter?
Date Posted: 21 Jun 2026 at 10:16pm
Some guys tell me to use the Red Top Holley, but I looked on the Holley website and didn't see any that were rated for diesel (not the red or blue or black ones).  The Agco pictures look like a Carter pump which is what I have now.  I think we figured out today that the fuel is draining back to the tank when the tractor sits for an extended period of time with a low fuel level in the tank.  Anybody have that happen to their tractor?



Replies:
Posted By: SteveM C/IL
Date Posted: 21 Jun 2026 at 10:32pm
If it can handle gasoline why wouldn't it be ok with diesel? Doesn't the return have a pipe hanging in tank which has been known to fall off?


Posted By: Alvin M
Date Posted: 22 Jun 2026 at 5:05am
You Can use NAPA FE 0539 or DELPHI  FE0539 Carter P4594 I used 5 from NAPA they near me


Posted By: im4racin
Date Posted: 22 Jun 2026 at 5:48am
The new Napa number is b0219e


Posted By: 8070nc
Date Posted: 22 Jun 2026 at 9:56pm
Ive got a 8070 that was doing that. Turned out to be the return line to the tank. Original was plastic. I put a rubber line on it and it fixed it

-------------
1984 80780
1957 D14
DES 300 with 25000 engine
616 tractor


Posted By: 8070nc
Date Posted: 22 Jun 2026 at 10:00pm
I wish i could remember how i figured that out. I think i just ran out of things to try

-------------
1984 80780
1957 D14
DES 300 with 25000 engine
616 tractor



Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net