![]() |
This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity. | |||||
| The Forum | Parts and Services | Unofficial Allis Store | Tractor Shows | Serial Numbers | History | |
D21 hydraulic ? |
Post Reply
|
| Author | |
whatscooking
Silver Level
Joined: 08 Oct 2017 Location: Indiana Points: 258 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Topic: D21 hydraulic ?Posted: Yesterday at 5:59am |
|
What pressure should be at the hookups? Will a D21 struggle to raise modern heavy duty equipment? Spent the day yesterday hooked up to a 18 ft, I dont know what it is really called, renovator, straight disc blades then another row of disc then two rows of spinning leveling drums. At first thought the clutch was slipping thankfully I was spinning out. I ran her for all it could pull for six hours. Had to stop to replace a O ring below the hydraulic pump. But even when I first hooked up, relevilty cool, it fought raising this thing up or folding the wings.
Edited by whatscooking - Yesterday at 6:13am |
|
|
68 D21 81 7060
|
|
![]() |
|
| Sponsored Links | |
![]() |
|
DrAllis
Orange Level Access
Joined: 12 Sep 2009 Points: 23580 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Posted: Yesterday at 6:27am |
|
Remote outlet pressures are to be 2,200 psi with the engine at full throttle and warm hyd oil. Some have been adjusted upwards to 2,400 psi and that would be the max. Modern implements sometimes require 2,900 psi. Sometimes, not always. Wings to implements are oftimes orificed to actually make them slow, for safety reasons.
|
|
![]() |
|
DrAllis
Orange Level Access
Joined: 12 Sep 2009 Points: 23580 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Posted: 22 hours 40 minutes ago at 10:32am |
|
There's also a possibility you might have hydraulic coupler mis-match. And also a possibility that your 12 to 14 GPM hydraulic pump doesn't look so good on a modern implement that may have many large diameter hyd cylinders and requires 25 or 50 GPM to make them work at a decent speed.
|
|
![]() |
|
whatscooking
Silver Level
Joined: 08 Oct 2017 Location: Indiana Points: 258 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Posted: 21 hours 26 minutes ago at 11:46am |
|
It does have large diameter cylinders and long.
Taking the 7060 today to give it a work out. I'm in a 70 acre field that just got the beans out. Water pump just in, welded and sealed the cab. This tractor hasent seen 180 thermostats for awhile and I'm taking her to a pull. Edited by whatscooking - 21 hours 24 minutes ago at 11:48am |
|
|
68 D21 81 7060
|
|
![]() |
|
DrAllis
Orange Level Access
Joined: 12 Sep 2009 Points: 23580 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Posted: 19 hours 58 minutes ago at 1:14pm |
|
7060 is a 2500 psi system with 17 GPM out of each remote valve IF THEY ARE SET CORRECTLY with the rabbit/turtle levers under the seat. One speed lever for one remote valve. Three valves and only one rabbit/turtle lever?? you can only adjust ONE valve for speed/flow.
|
|
![]() |
|
whatscooking
Silver Level
Joined: 08 Oct 2017 Location: Indiana Points: 258 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Posted: 3 hours 42 minutes ago at 5:30am |
|
7060 didnt like lifting it either. Tell me more about mis matched coupler?
I wanted to take advantage of this opportunity to put both the D21 and 7060 through their paces to get some more of the bugs out. This tool i was pulling was real, Great Plains Turbo Max 1800 TM. The blades were set straight and the debth was at 3.5 max. Covering cover crop seeds on bean ground. The temp guage on the 7060 would creep up to the needle straight up and past which I was able to read with a lazer pointer, was 200 +. I unhooked and went to his shop. I did blow and wash at my house cuase I knew the PO used the tractor for bailing, thought I was good. He had a long air gun bent with rubber tip. I unscrewed the fan shroud so i could get to the 4 corners.I blew with clouds comming out and blew even more and garden hosed and blew again for more than hour. Back to the field. First mark on temp guage is for the 180• thermostats i put in and straight up is 200. It held between the two. I found the company that makes and sells a flat blow gun, AGCO carries them. I know it needs more cleaning. You could see the gunk pushing out like a zit when I washed and blew. Overall both tractors passed this test, with a few minor adjustments. Edited by whatscooking - 3 hours 15 minutes ago at 5:57am |
|
|
68 D21 81 7060
|
|
![]() |
|
DrAllis
Orange Level Access
Joined: 12 Sep 2009 Points: 23580 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Posted: 2 hours 15 minutes ago at 6:57am |
|
It's pretty easy too come up with the specs of this machine: `18 feet wide.....takes minimum of 180 HP to pull.......weighs 15,200 lbs (more than a D-21 does)..... and it requires FOUR hydraulic valves......and it requires one of those valves to be turned on constantly to provide down pressure to the wings. It doesn't tell me how many GPM's are needed but I know the D-21 has no business being hooked to it and I'm questioning if a 23 GPM main pump on a 7060 is even enough.
|
|
![]() |
|
whatscooking
Silver Level
Joined: 08 Oct 2017 Location: Indiana Points: 258 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Posted: 1 hour 18 minutes ago at 7:54am |
![]() 5th gear Edited by whatscooking - 1 hour 9 minutes ago at 8:03am |
|
|
68 D21 81 7060
|
|
![]() |
|
whatscooking
Silver Level
Joined: 08 Oct 2017 Location: Indiana Points: 258 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Posted: 1 hour 14 minutes ago at 7:58am |
![]() 1st high range Edited by whatscooking - 1 hour 8 minutes ago at 8:04am |
|
|
68 D21 81 7060
|
|
![]() |
|
Post Reply
|
|
|
Tweet
|
| Forum Jump | Forum Permissions ![]() You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum |