This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  New Posts New Posts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login


Allis b speed

 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message
john2189 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level


Joined: 11 Sep 2009
Location: Minerva,Ohio
Points: 440
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john2189 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis b speed
    Posted: 1 hour 27 minutes ago at 6:47am
My B has 11.2 on the back. Mowing with a woods 59. I mow using 1st gear. It’s a bit slow and 2nd is too fast for my rough yard. If I were to put 9.5s on,(which I have on a parts farmall cub)would that slow down 2nd gear? And if so how much?
I would hate to do all the trouble of changing them if it wouldn’t make that much difference.
   
If I slow the engine down, then the pto slows down too

Edited by john2189 - 1 hour 22 minutes ago at 6:52am
'41 Allis B
'49 Farmall Cub

Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level


Joined: 12 Sep 2009
Location: Rocky Ridge Md
Points: 5448
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1 hour 18 minutes ago at 6:56am
You won't see a noticeable difference. The CA has a good 2nd gear speed for mowing. Or you could get wider rims and find 14.9X24 tires to speed up low gear.  
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
Real pullers don't have speed limits.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
Back to Top
john2189 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level


Joined: 11 Sep 2009
Location: Minerva,Ohio
Points: 440
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john2189 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1 hour 6 minutes ago at 7:08am
Ok thanks.
Thought I would ask before I did the work to find it didn’t help
'41 Allis B
'49 Farmall Cub

Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.033 seconds.


Help Support the
Unofficial Allis Forum