Print Page | Close Window

WC Transmission Parts

Printed From: Unofficial Allis
Category: Allis Chalmers
Forum Name: Farm Equipment
Forum Description: everything about Allis-Chalmers farm equipment
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=212466
Printed Date: 10 Oct 2026 at 7:55am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com


Topic: WC Transmission Parts
Posted By: Phil48ACWC
Subject: WC Transmission Parts
Date Posted: 10 Oct 2026 at 5:50am
I have a '48 WC that I've owned for 27 years. Before I got it, it sat in a field for a few years and the transmission had lots of water in it because the shifter boot was essentially gone. Luckily it didn't crack the case from freezing. It shifts and stays in all gears just fine but it has been quite noisy especially the last couple of years. I expect the bearings and races are badly pitted. My question is, are these bearings readily available and from what suppliers? Thanks for any advice in advance.



Replies:
Posted By: JoeM(GA)
Date Posted: 10 Oct 2026 at 6:42am
with the number of WC’s built, you might find a donor tractor or transmission for what you’re fixing to spend on bearings

-------------
Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB


Posted By: rtwfarm
Date Posted: 10 Oct 2026 at 7:10am
Yes all bearing were available 2 years ago



Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net