Print Page | Close Window

D21 hydraulic ?

Printed From: Unofficial Allis
Category: Allis Chalmers
Forum Name: Farm Equipment
Forum Description: everything about Allis-Chalmers farm equipment
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=212456
Printed Date: 09 Oct 2026 at 7:59am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com


Topic: D21 hydraulic ?
Posted By: whatscooking
Subject: D21 hydraulic ?
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2026 at 5:59am
What pressure should be at the hookups? Will a D21 struggle to raise modern heavy duty equipment? Spent the day yesterday hooked up to a 18 ft, I dont know what it is really called, renovator, straight disc blades then another row of disc then two rows of spinning leveling drums. At first thought the clutch was slipping thankfully I was spinning out. I ran her for all it could pull for six hours. Had to stop to replace a O ring below the hydraulic pump. But even when I first hooked up, relevilty cool, it fought raising this thing up or folding the wings.

-------------
68 D21 81 7060



Replies:
Posted By: DrAllis
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2026 at 6:27am
Remote outlet pressures are to be 2,200 psi with the engine at full throttle and warm hyd oil. Some have been adjusted upwards to 2,400 psi and that would be the max. Modern implements sometimes require 2,900 psi. Sometimes, not always. Wings to implements are oftimes orificed to actually make them slow, for safety reasons.



Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net