Print Page | Close Window

Truck oil change

Printed From: Unofficial Allis
Category: Other Topics
Forum Name: Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
Forum Description: anything you want to talk about except politics
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=212429
Printed Date: 06 Oct 2026 at 7:27am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com


Topic: Truck oil change
Posted By: ACinSC
Subject: Truck oil change
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2026 at 5:55am
Did my truck yesterday
I'm 73 and had both knees replaced. Plan to keep doing my own oil changes as long as I can, but I'm beginning to think it won't be much longer. Any thoughts? Thanks



Replies:
Posted By: sho-man1
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2026 at 7:00am
I like to use the shop vac for assistance when pulling the oil pan drain plug.
I place the catch pan under the drain plug, loosen the plug, place the shop-vac pickup hose onto the oil fill port on the valve cover, turn the vac on. Remove the drain plug then shut the vacuum off. Hands get no oil on them and no splash into the catch pan.  The Ford 7.3 has over 15 quarts of oil, so I don't like to spill any.



Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net