Print Page | Close Window

D10 Question

Printed From: Unofficial Allis
Category: Allis Chalmers
Forum Name: Farm Equipment
Forum Description: everything about Allis-Chalmers farm equipment
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=212392
Printed Date: 30 Sep 2026 at 8:47pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com


Topic: D10 Question
Posted By: Charlie175
Subject: D10 Question
Date Posted: 30 Sep 2026 at 7:18pm
I have a D10 Series 3 and in 3rd I get a rattle noise that I think is from the reverse idler. I think there was a service bulletin for the early series 3 that the issue was the reverse idler but unless the operator complained about the noise getting louder, no repair was needed.
It annoys me mostly, but doesn't seem to affect things. I have had the shift cover off and the forks look OK. Tractor does not seem to have a lot of hours based on the brake pedals. 


-------------
Charlie

'48 B, '51 CA, '56 WD45 '61 D17, '63 D12, '65 D10 , '68 One-Ninety XTD



Replies:
Posted By: Tracy Martin TN
Date Posted: 30 Sep 2026 at 7:41pm
It is the reverse idler rubbing third gear. You can quieten it down by removing some material. My D15 does it too. 

-------------
No greater gift than healthy grandkids!



Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net