Print Page | Close Window

Allis b speed

Printed From: Unofficial Allis
Category: Allis Chalmers
Forum Name: Farm Equipment
Forum Description: everything about Allis-Chalmers farm equipment
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=212372
Printed Date: 29 Sep 2026 at 8:14am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com


Topic: Allis b speed
Posted By: john2189
Subject: Allis b speed
Date Posted: 29 Sep 2026 at 6:47am
My B has 11.2 on the back. Mowing with a woods 59. I mow using 1st gear. It’s a bit slow and 2nd is too fast for my rough yard. If I were to put 9.5s on,(which I have on a parts farmall cub)would that slow down 2nd gear? And if so how much?
I would hate to do all the trouble of changing them if it wouldn’t make that much difference.
   
If I slow the engine down, then the pto slows down too

-------------
'41 Allis B
'49 Farmall Cub




Replies:
Posted By: PaulB
Date Posted: 29 Sep 2026 at 6:56am
You won't see a noticeable difference. The CA has a good 2nd gear speed for mowing. Or you could get wider rims and find 14.9X24 tires to speed up low gear.  

-------------
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
Real pullers don't have speed limits.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY


Posted By: john2189
Date Posted: 29 Sep 2026 at 7:08am
Ok thanks.
Thought I would ask before I did the work to find it didn’t help


-------------
'41 Allis B
'49 Farmall Cub




Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net