Print Page | Close Window

Nasty hot this week! stay safe!!

Printed From: Unofficial Allis
Category: Other Topics
Forum Name: Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
Forum Description: anything you want to talk about except politics
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=211559
Printed Date: 28 Sep 2026 at 3:39am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com


Topic: Nasty hot this week! stay safe!!
Posted By: JoeM(GA)
Subject: Nasty hot this week! stay safe!!
Date Posted: 02 Jul 2026 at 5:49pm
was 103 the last two days, worse today!



-------------
Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB



Replies:
Posted By: plummerscarin
Date Posted: 02 Jul 2026 at 6:15pm
We've had a spell but didn't break 100 yet


Posted By: dr p
Date Posted: 02 Jul 2026 at 8:19pm
Hit 100 today. Ran 4 miles today at lunch. Just like being in a sauna


Posted By: Hubert (Ga)engine7
Date Posted: 03 Jul 2026 at 5:52am
It has been a bit warm here this week. I am trying to get necessary things done early morning so I can find things to do in the shade later in the day. I keep packets of Pedialyte on hand to mix in the bottled water to help replace electrolytes. 

Tyler, how are the chickens holding up? Do you have their air conditioning going full blast?


-------------
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.


Posted By: tadams(OH)
Date Posted: 03 Jul 2026 at 1:52pm
I have been doing all my outside work in the morning and staying in the house all afternoon



Posted By: DMiller
Date Posted: 03 Jul 2026 at 3:14pm
Same Here TA, Usually outside just as sunlight comes on then by 9:30/10, back inside.


Posted By: Lars(wi)
Date Posted: 03 Jul 2026 at 3:29pm
I most days, I am outside till 2 or 3. Just depends on what I’m doing. Todays is not bad, mid-90’s though a bit humid. Mowed the lawn a few days ago, in the afternoon, as there was a lot of dew that morning. The Lawn-Boy with freshly sharpened and balanced blade (actually cost me $10.00)done by Bearclaw Knife & Shear, Midland Texas. Afterwards went inside for nice mug of hot coffee.

-------------
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.


Posted By: DMiller
Date Posted: 03 Jul 2026 at 5:45pm
Reminds me, need to sharpen blades on Rider again.



Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net