Print Page | Close Window

One of 3,468 Olds 442

Printed From: Unofficial Allis
Category: Other Topics
Forum Name: Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
Forum Description: anything you want to talk about except politics
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=211525
Printed Date: 28 Sep 2026 at 3:39am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com


Topic: One of 3,468 Olds 442
Posted By: Coke-in-MN
Subject: One of 3,468 Olds 442
Date Posted: 29 Jun 2026 at 11:53am
https://www.hemmings.com/stories/its-about-time-1965-oldsmobile-4-4-2/%20" rel="nofollow - https://www.hemmings.com/stories/its-about-time-1965-oldsmobile-4-4-2/

Well seeing the Dodge Dart ideas of vehicles I figured I would share something on one of my vehicles I bought new - 1965 Olds Cutlass Custom Supreme 442 Convertible , White body , White top , Antique Red interior trim .
 400 cu in , 345 HP , 4 speed transmission , center council , with tack . 3:55 Posi Traction rear , Power Brakes . 6 x 14 rims 
 I bought it new in 65 for $3250 and have 85,000 on it , still setting in garage as need to replace leaking rear brake wheel cylinders . 

 ( the article just tells some history of another car / another restoration but specs on original )

-------------
Life lesson: If you’re being chased by a lion, you’re on a horse, to the left of you is a giraffe and on the right is a unicorn, what do you do? You stop drinking and get off the carousel.



Replies:
Posted By: Ed (Ont)
Date Posted: 29 Jun 2026 at 12:29pm
Sounds like a great car. Post a couple pictures! 


Posted By: steve(ill)
Date Posted: 29 Jun 2026 at 1:53pm
I had a 1970 convertable for several years... YEP... nice car if you could keep the tires glued to the pavement !!

-------------
Like them all, but love the "B"s.


Posted By: im4racin
Date Posted: 29 Jun 2026 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

I had a 1970 convertable for several years... YEP... nice car if you could keep the tires glued to the pavement !!

Sounds like a story behind that!


Posted By: ACinSC
Date Posted: 30 Jun 2026 at 7:40am
Very nice Olds Orin! Cousin had a 68? 442 with a 400 and 4.33? Rear end. Blew the engine pretty quick. Good old days



Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net