Print Page | Close Window

door on Fridge,,,,

Printed From: Unofficial Allis
Category: Other Topics
Forum Name: Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
Forum Description: anything you want to talk about except politics
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=211407
Printed Date: 28 Sep 2026 at 3:39am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com


Topic: door on Fridge,,,,
Posted By: desertjoe
Subject: door on Fridge,,,,
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2026 at 8:46am
 The dang door of the fridge has got to where it will not close fully,,,it stops within 1/2" of closing unless you swing it closed with an extra push. The magnets appear to be OK when you push door past that point and will not open by itself, unless you pull it open. I have checked the rubber seal all the way around the door and the seal is clean but just will not close that final 1/2". You can "feel" the magnets on fridge "pulling" on the door magnets when you gently nudge door closed,,,,???  How to repair or,,,???



Replies:
Posted By: steve(ill)
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2026 at 8:49am
i would soak the hinges with WD40.... Most of the doors RISE UP slightly as you open them.. Then when you push the door to close, they SLIDE back down the small ramp... Maybe justs needs a little LUBE ??

-------------
Like them all, but love the "B"s.


Posted By: Lars(wi)
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2026 at 11:04am
Todays modern refrigerators are designed to be ‘slightly unlevel’ to help facilitate easy closing doors. The unit should tilted so the back is lower than the front.

-------------
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.


Posted By: LouSWPA
Date Posted: 22 Jun 2026 at 6:01pm
Joe, in addition to the good advice above, let me add this. IF the gap is even from top to bottom, and the magnet strop is just kissing the door frame at the back, evenly from top to bottom, then your problem probably falls under the two issues mentioned above.

However, if the gap is not even, it is possible the door is tweaked. First, make sure the unit is level, left to right. Then grasp the door on the corners opposite the hinge, top and bottom and give the door a twist to even the gap.

They don't make them like they used to. many of the units I worked on in my employment the doors were so flimsy they could be easily racked out of square and then not seal correctly.  I 'fixed' many by my adjustment method. But again, it only applies if everything else is correct, door hinges aligned, hinges free, and unit is square and level with just a slight lean back



-------------
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27


Posted By: desertjoe
Date Posted: 22 Jun 2026 at 9:10pm
 Hey Lou,,,I'll sure give that a try,,,as the door is still not closing right,,,Wink


Posted By: SteveM C/IL
Date Posted: 22 Jun 2026 at 9:23pm
Have had the hinge ramps fail



Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net