Print Page | Close Window

rust remover on tools,,,,?

Printed From: Unofficial Allis
Category: Other Topics
Forum Name: Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
Forum Description: anything you want to talk about except politics
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=211360
Printed Date: 29 Sep 2026 at 8:37am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com


Topic: rust remover on tools,,,,?
Posted By: desertjoe
Subject: rust remover on tools,,,,?
Date Posted: 14 Jun 2026 at 6:07pm
 Howdy,,,,what do others use to remove rust off your tools? This is mostly surface rust from lack of use,,,, I've tried WD40, (no help  Chemtool,( also no help)  ,,,ordered some no name stuff from Amazon,,also useless and had to return it.
 I saw some stuff on TV that looked mighty good,,,just spray it on ,,wait a couple of minutes and just wash it off with water,,,,sounds like bogus advertisment,,,,,?
 Any help???



Replies:
Posted By: Hubert (Ga)engine7
Date Posted: 14 Jun 2026 at 6:53pm
Vinegar will remove light surface rust but rinse it off then use baking soda solution and rinse again then dry and lightly oil. 3 in 1 oil works better than most. Z

-------------
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.


Posted By: AveryD12
Date Posted: 14 Jun 2026 at 7:43pm
If they get too bad I use a wire brush to clean them up and coat with a mixture of 2 parts WD40 and 1 part 0w20 synthetic oil. I buy WD40 in 1 gallon can and mix for this purpose. Put mixture in a spray bottle….WD40 sells one of these also…it makes a good penetrating oil for most applications.


Posted By: Clay
Date Posted: 15 Jun 2026 at 2:02pm
I have had good luck with EVAPO-Rust.
 Removes rust but do not use on phosphate coated tools or guns.  



Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net