This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Medicare coverage insurers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Medicare coverage insurers
    Posted: 18 Feb 2023 at 7:27am
Need to express some concerns. Was steered to a Humana Medicare”No extra Cost” program by my retirement employer brokerage. Sell was not really hard, the coverages sounded good not great but the draw of no extended premium by the broker got me. Is a scam, typical insurance double speak. Have to have receptive medical associations and physicians to buy into the reduced pricing, to which I have found next to none. Out Of Pocket expenses to apply to deductibles are only for ‘covered’ procedures or processes and in only those medical suppliers accepting their fees schedules.

So I am hung out to dry until October when the markets re-open to allow swapping to another service provider.

So far this month over $500 not covered costs as the providers are Not ‘in
Network’ and are no providers they can furnish as replacement as no one performing said services accept their fees schedules.

HUMANA is a Scam

Edited by DMiller - 18 Feb 2023 at 7:31am
Sponsored Links

tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2023 at 8:02am
When my wife and I retired we went to a county meeting to sign up and the woman instructing us said don't get prescription and medical from the same company, it's cheaper this way. So I have Medical Mutual for medical and Cigna for prescription. My wife has Medical Mutual and Humana 
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2023 at 8:19am
50% of seniors are on Medicare "ADVANTAGE PLANS"... This is a Private run Medicare Program that gets your premium that you pay the GOVT every month ( about $160.) and also part of the money you have paid to the GOVT for the past 40 years for MEdicare..

The "ADVANTAGE" of these plans is they cover the Part A- B- Extended B, maybe drugs, maybe dental, maybe vision, all in one plan. They are REQUIRED to be as good as or BETTER than  Standard Medicare..  Their BASE plans cost $0.   ( they get your $160. month from the GOVT + what you have paid for 40 years into Medicare)... The BASE plan might not a lot of EXTENDED PART B..... Some companies have better plans in different areas... I had HUMANA  4 years ago and it cost $97. a month... The last couple years i have had AETNA and it cost $0. per month ...

I dont have a lot of bills, so this is a GOOD PLAN for me.. If i need MORE COVERAGE of EXTENDED PART B, they  have plans that cost $100- 200. per month if i want MORE COVERAGE.... My plan covers free flu shots, shingles shots, $5 for most drugs, and 80% of MEDICAL just like MEDICARE.. Also has $1000. per year for dental and $1000. for vision ..

You have to check EACH PLAN and see that your doctor /hospital are "in network" just like most insurance plans.

For $0. a month and $160. to the GOVT, it works great for me.. My "out of pocket" is less than $500. a year.....i think "the plan" has a MAX out of Pocket of $5000. per year, so i cant really get STUCK if health goes south..

Edited by steve(ill) - 18 Feb 2023 at 8:28am
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2023 at 8:54am
On the phone with their rep this morning, Out of Network the suppliers HAVE to supply with all the receipts you pay out of pocket, seems the eye docs failed to do at least that, HOWEVER, the Out of Network costs are $5450/year and ADDITIONAL to $3000 Out of pocket for In network deductible.  To which once achieve being broke in a few months they pick up at a reduced fee the remaining costs with the Added Caveat the Supplier CAN BILL YOU for overages the insurer does not pay.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2023 at 9:33am
not much different than STANDARD MEDICARE... Thats why they have the EXTENDED B PLAN that you can buy from "OTHERS"... that covers the cost when STANDARD MEDICARE does not pay past Plan B basics.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2023 at 10:26am
Best of all is Truck will now be sold, Will not ever get to enjoy the fruits of my labors.  Expenses have to be met to stay ahead of this, so have contacted friends in the HDT industry to peddle the KW.

Last dreams of traveling the US just went up in a pall of smoke.

Edited by DMiller - 18 Feb 2023 at 10:27am
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2023 at 11:17am
It comes down to the SMALL PRINT - and the overall plan . 
I talked to several individuals who had plans and most seemed happy with them - UNTIL a few years back when the TV adds started pushing the Get Money back (this was for a couple areas in NY State and special exemption) but slick adds are now (I hate to say it SUCKERING PEOPLE who are retired) next to outright FRAUD .
  Back in 2014 when wife passed I had Ucare MN and I got a final breakdown for her medical for her last 8 months $940,000 - Ucare and Medicare negotiated cost savings brought figure to $520,000 or so . Part D prescription drug costs she had hit the Donut Hole in March of that year so had some extra costs there I had to pay .
 She had cataracts removed from both eyes and new glasses , (no co pay) , 3 hospital stays , 3 stays in recovery care facilities , then Hospice care . My total I paid was under $5,000 for all services provided to her .
  I have nothing but good to say about the care and coverage she was given under Ucare MN . I did have some problems with recovery care provider that i voiced but it was not insurance fault - it was lousy staffing and their policies . On speaking to them about problems, they reduced their rate to semi-private room from the single room she had . 
  I get one statement each month listing all charges , what they paid , what I might owe and this is for Doctor, Outside referrals , and drug costs - showing billed services , what Medicare will allow and what Ucare paid - and what I might owe . 
  On Part D most pharmacies run the meds through Ucare when I turn in prescription so what i might own I pay when picking up .
  Drug costs are the big one now Doctor wanted me to take ELOQUIS - cost per month is $1,346 / Insurance says $141 a month for 11 month but first month has a buy in of $580 you need to pay outright .
  I would say get All coverage under 1 plan  - All Advantage plan under same company . 
NOW TO CHANGE PLANS outside the lock in times you could change your address to another area and choose a new carrier  
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2023 at 5:51pm
Don't know if this helps  but beside the switching companies at the end of the year. Add here say 30 days around your birthday.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2023 at 6:09am
Am on a Retirement company sponsored brokerage system, only option is during fall open market.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2023 at 7:25am
Opened the Care Provider lists for a couple of these Medicare Providers, nearly all had been removed from those service providers I have and will continue to use.  Doctor Office on Friday at Col Ortho stated they would accept regular Medicare If I choose to return to it and can accept a Secondary Supplemental insurer for the remnant charges, just not HUMANA as Medicare replacement.  They accept their payment, but being Out of Network can continue to recoup lost fees thru charging the Client, she noted the offices generally accept the payments to reduce a clients costs where even In Network the offices are still allowed to charge a client the remnant should the insurer claim to be covering everything after Deductibles are met.  The insurers most generally never explain that to the clients.

Nothing helped to do anything but increase anger levels.

Edited by DMiller - 19 Feb 2023 at 7:27am
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2023 at 7:31pm
Remember the words of Joe B who said others want to cut your Medicare . 
Well it seems as part of Budget Reduction Act - a 4% reduction to what is paid to hospitals and doctors was  hidden in it - now it's refigured to be 2% after someone on other side of isle hollered FOUL 
 What is going to happen is Doctors are going to STOP accepting Medicare or any form of Insurance that deals with it and Companies will be raising premiums or have such lousy policies you will not realize - the insurance is worthless and wont pay . 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2023 at 5:24am
Been hard at it, spoke to a business rep at Humana as to either they cease the claims as ‘better than Medicare’ or I go through Insurance commission here. They stumbled and fumbled around trying to justify yet I had already spoken to MO Ins Board commissioner as to this where suggested I speak directly to them on the argument first.

Seems have been dozens of complaints in last few months on this very subject and his office is already investigating.

Spoke to our benefits support group for retirees, they stated I can go back to basic Medicare with a supplement come 11/1 this year, will just have to pay the additional premium, almost $100/mo. Nothing can do for now but wait. With that and thinking on where at age wise, will be less opportunistic on getting major fixes, get evaluated and see what is urgent to repair and leave the rest alone.

Wife is more on board with that as less chance of threatening vacation rides and trips for foreseeable future. Truck is still here just sitting for now.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 7:17pm
Every year Medicare sends out a book for your state listing all the plans that Medicare works with , what they cover , what the cost is , listed with or without Part D . 
  I looked at several plans and thought of changing but on review of present plan will keep it . I did take out higher dental insurance as basic covers routine exams and 2 cleanings a year . Plan i have is $25 a month but has copay for fillings , no charge for x rays , and covered the denture I got at 70% but as I had some extractions those cost capped out the $2500 policy .  
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2023 at 4:15pm
Spoke with My GP, the Audiology Doc, the Spine treatment group and a few odd others as to what Insurer they would prefer, ALL Stated Medicare with a Supplement.  Insurers are flavor of the day for them, where some drop coverage or apply tactics to not pay, Medicare has a Fee System, pays like clockwork so long as paperwork is correct.  They also stated BCBS is about the easiest as far as Supplemental plans for handling any Medicare Covered expense and paying the 20%.

Another aspect was my Cataract SURGERY, Medicare would have paid 80% INCLUDING Lens Implant, My insurer here called it Optical not Surgery so would NOT pay until I filed a Protest, yet I still had to pay ALL of lens implant.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2023 at 10:18pm
Dave, you should be argueing with Humana.... "BY LAW" the Advange plans have to cover the same thing that Medicare covers.... Govt requires that....... now SUPPLEMENTS will get you MORE than the standard plan, but if you pay for the PREMIUM Advantage plans, they compete with the Supplement plans.
--------------------------

Medicare Advantage Plans must cover all of the services that Original Medicare covers except hospice care. Original Medicare covers hospice care even if you're in a Medicare Advantage Plan. In all types of Medicare Advantage Plans, you're always covered for emergency and urgent care.
TramwayGuy View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TramwayGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2023 at 10:39pm
Just remember that NONE of the Medicare ‘advantage’ plans are actual Medicare. They are private insurers that are not working for you, but rather their stockholders.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2023 at 8:45am
Advantage plans HAVE TO COVER THE SAME AS MEDICARE... That is THE LAW..

I have had for several years.. My Premium is $0. per month.. I dont have too many med problems. Think my total out of pocket was maybe $300. this year ...... Wife has a few problems... Same coverage.. Has some dental surgery.. Her total might have been $500.  We have Aetna for $0. cost.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2023 at 4:54pm
They Have to "Cover" does not mean HAVE to Pay same.  Coverage is there, just not at the payment level Doctors and hospitals will any longer accept.   Columbia Ortho where I go accept Medicare, outright, and a 20% copay by a supplement or will adjust that figure if have NOT got one.  Humana, fails to pay Timely(90-180 days) adjusted rates Ongoing never same twice and always challenged.  As to the Cataract Surgery, becomes Semantics and no Humana does NOT have to pay for anything except part of the surgical procedure, ruling internally the rest is a Optical Insurance yet Medicare will pay it all as all Surgically Related.  Already had this discussion with a Medicare Rep who stated Humana is already in trouble with how they do business.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2023 at 5:41pm
thats my point.. Seems to be a HUMANA problem ...... i have had ZERO problems with Aetna... coverage actually BETTER than Medicare and Supplement ...as Aetna added $1000. coverage for Dental, and i think $500. for Hearing and Eyes.... and MY cost is $0. per month. ... plus they give me $75. credit every 3 months to buy "pharmacy related items". ...... band aids, cough meds, soap, shampoo, dental, etc..

Edited by steve(ill) - 26 May 2023 at 9:10am
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2023 at 8:34am
Ucare MN paid for everything when wife had cataract surgery for both eyes , then they paid also for surgery for her dropping upper eyelids , then new glasses which it seems she only needed for some fine detail sight , there would have been a additional charge if she had chosen a different type of lens they use in the eye as were 3 choices for that. 
  Way back a member on here 427 from Rochester MN and I compared BCBS and Ucare and I was paying $54 and he had a premium of $125 and coverage was the same as far as we could tell . 
  Part of the Biden - Budget Reduction Act - cut 2% from Medicare reimbursement to doctors and hospitals so many doctors dropped treating Medicare Patients . 
  Hospice care reverts any and all treatment and drug costs back to Medicare but coverage seemed to be 100% , Wife had 6 weeks Hospice, here at home with Nurse coming in every other day , personal care attendant for bath and other duties on days Nurse didn't come .  
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2023 at 2:09pm
Just got my Invoice for UCare MN for 2024 - it went down to $38 for the medical insurance (includes Part D coverage) and dental supplement through Delta Dental stayed at $25 .
  Big difference came in in 2024 all drug costs are at 0 co pay for drugs in Tier 1, 2 , 3 and the tier 4 drugs are at way lower rates . Elequis dropped to $100 for 30 day and no first month payment of the $511 added so big reduction .
  UCare reimbursed me $150 on eye glasses and covered exam fully . this was 2023 rate . Did see a big jump in prices on from last pair 2 years back even with Sam's Club discount of 20% on total bill . 

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2023 at 2:45pm
24 will be the tell tale, will be on Aetna as of Jan 1.  Main provider financial departments were positive on use, also stated would be Far Less if ANY copays under Aetna.  Will See.

Dental I get 3100/year paid out 1/4 per quarter and if do not use rolls to next quarter then year, Company sponsored money.  Basic Cleanings and inspections are Twice/year on Aetna plan.  No Glasses but just had cataracts repairs done, do not need.  Company supplies a $200/quarter Not rolling figure for prescriptions but do not take any.
Michael V (NM) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2023 at 6:26pm
OH MAN,,,I'm sure not looking forward to signing up for this in ~ a year and half,,,,sounds like all about clear as muddy water...

who can s'plain it best??
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2023 at 7:10pm
Michael, when you turn 65 years old the GOVT puts you on MEDICARE for Insurance ( unless you are Employed and the COMPANY will continue to cover your meds-- most will NOT)... The GOVT then takes $170. per month out of your Social Security check as a Premium for the coverage.. You get PART A - Doctor and some Hospital.. You can buy EXTRA to cover Hospital ( part B) and prescription drugs ( part D) ...... You buy the B +D from an Insurance Company as a SUPPLIMENT... Starting several years ago they came up with an "ADVANTAGE PLAN" where you get EVERYTHING from the Insurance Company (A+B+D) and they call it a "C" plan...... The insurance company gets paid by the GOVT from your $170. per month and what you have been paying in TAXES for the last 50 years. ........Many find this more convenient to be with ONE COMPANY and leave the GOVT out of it........ The ADVANTAGE PLANS are becoming more and more popular every year... as the GOVT backs out of administering Medicare..

-----------------

n 2021, Medicare Advantage covered nearly half of all Medicare beneficiaries (47%), or 27.6 million people with Medicare. (The number and share of Medicare Advantage enrollees has increased since 2021, up to 30.8 million in 2023, or 51% of all eligible beneficiaries.)

Of the total number of Medicare Advantage enrollees in 2021, most enrolled in plans that are available to all Medicare beneficiaries, but 5.6 million (20%) were enrolled in group employer- or union-sponsored plans (known as employer group waiver plans, or EGWPs). Under these arrangements, employers or unions contract with an insurer and Medicare pays the insurer a fixed amount per enrollee to provide benefits covered by Medicare. A growing share of large employers with retiree health obligations are offering these benefits through Medicare Advantage plans.

ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2023 at 6:47am
Its all a scam, BUT that is what we are stuck with. I get the policy thru a financial advisor that does part b on the side. He finds the beast deals and every couple years he finds a different place. I think the last 2 years it is humana, --- I dont mess with it myself,---dont understand any of it!
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
mdm1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2023 at 8:52am
Unless I missed something. Will the company pay what they would pay an in network person and you pay the balance. We do that with our dental. Still not all of it but it helps. 
Everything is impossible until someone does it! WD45-trip loader 1947 c w/woods belly mower, 1939 B, #3 sickle mower 1944 B, 2 1948 G's. Misc other equipment that my wife calls JUNK!
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2023 at 12:40pm
Mike, each company is a little different, but  "I THINK" that the IN NETWORK is they pay 80% and YOU pay 20% .... Out of NETWORK it might be 70% - 30% ..... but once you hit "THE LIMIT" like $4500. then your OUT and they pay EVERYTHING after that ... That is the MEDICAL... if you dont have "dental" and then need something large, of course they are not paying for that.

Now we have AETNA and it includes $1000. for Dental and $500. for VISION and $1000. for HEARING.... I had a couple teeth pulled and some other done and the bill was $1050. ... and i had to pay the $50.    ... and they really didnt care who the Dentist was.

Edited by steve(ill) - 21 Dec 2023 at 12:43pm
TramwayGuy View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TramwayGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2024 at 6:01am
I stayed with traditional Medicare because I travel some and Medicare covers me wherever I am.   No such thing as ‘out of network’ with part B. Also lots of horror stories from denials with part C, resulting in huge profits at government expense for those part C providers.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2024 at 11:19am
Most Advantage Plans have extended coverage , it might be called out of network , but still covered - the same as with Medicare Standard . 
 Ucare MN is a NON PROFIT - not a Corp with share holders so rates tend to be a lot lower in these types of companies .  
 All policies for seniors - revert to Medicare for Hospice care - 

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2024 at 11:56am
I still use the Aetna ADVANTAGE PLAN.. been on this for 3 years.. WAs on Humana for 2 years before that.. Monthly Premium is ZERO  ... $0.0 .... works for me  Yearly checkup at Doctor and i paid  ZERO... Put me on  Temsoline (??) for prostrate ( makes you pee better).. and i pay ZERO ....  Glucose was a littel high so he wanted me to do the daily finger poke testing for 90 days... Pharmacy supplied the "kit" and i paid ZERO.... Went to the Dentist for a tooth ache 3 weeks ago.. took x-rays and checks-- said due to sinus infection, will go away soon.. and i paid ZERO.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic