This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Curious Cat

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Curious Cat
    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 7:02pm
So we pass by this oldish loader every so often, I think it's been sitting a few years now. My kid asked me what it was, my guess would be CAT, given the color and where we are.

1957 D17 Diesel w/ M&W Pistons
Sponsored Links

thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 8:07pm
Don't know the brand but I've seen a couple with the ROPS cut off like that so they could fit in the door of a chicken house when they were cleaning out. They would park the loader in the door then use a tractor or bobcat to fill the bucket. Then use the loader to load the truck or a trailer. That way there are less trips in and out and less litter spilled in the driveway/yard
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 9:13pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
LeonR2013 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeonR2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 9:29pm
From the looks of the grill I'd think Oliver.        Leon
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 10:12pm
looks like an old "Michigan" brand
truckerfarmer View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truckerfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 10:36pm
I'll throw in my 2 cents. That grill reminds me of International/Hough.
Looking at the past to see the future.
'53 WD, '53 WD45, WD snap coupler field cultivator, #53 plow,'53 HD5B dozer

Duct tape.... Can't fix stupidity. But will muffle the sound of it!
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 11:10pm
by golly...you might be right on that Dar...look at that faded panel becide the seat, the right 1/2, looks to be a faded out IH symbol. and that panel beside the seat does look like a Hough design. 
Kansas99 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kansas99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 3:37am
Trucker think your right here some pics of others.

Hough H30 of H60 maybe.

http://sobhapristine.co/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/hough-loader-0-model-pay-90-specifications-current-price.jpg

http://www.p3psales.com/equip_pics/1313766683.jpg
"LET"S GO BRANDON!!"
Kenny L. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenny L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 4:43am
It's a Hough and if I remember right it is a model 90 or maybe 95 it was a 4 yd bucket or that the one that I run was, the last Hough I run was a model 560 which was a 7 yd bucket, Hough was different then cat in that the ass end would turn instead of the front end and could be comical watching someone that was use to running a Cat work a Hough in tight quarter.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truckerfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 6:51am
By gosh Kenny, I forgot about that. And I should have remembered. I used to run one back in 2004-05. Don't know what size it was. It had been repainted and no numbers put on it. Wasn't very big. Took 7 buckets to fill a belly dump with crushed gravel. Had the same engine as a 706 Farmall.

SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 8:02am
Which half the operator sets in makes all the difference
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 8:47am
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Kenny L. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenny L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 9:25am
Originally posted by truckerfarmer truckerfarmer wrote:

By gosh Kenny, I forgot about that. And I should have remembered. I used to run one back in 2004-05. Don't know what size it was. It had been repainted and no numbers put on it. Wasn't very big. Took 7 buckets to fill a belly dump with crushed gravel. Had the same engine as a 706 Farmall.

truckerfarmer, I would guess that it was a model 540 or maybe 125 the 540 had a 4 yd bucket and the 125 had a 3 1/2 yd bucket.
Kenny L. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenny L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 9:29am
Originally posted by SteveM C/IL SteveM C/IL wrote:

Which half the operator sets in makes all the difference

Yep with the Houghs you stayed with the front end and the cats you  you stayed with the rear end.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truckerfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by Kenny L. Kenny L. wrote:

Originally posted by truckerfarmer truckerfarmer wrote:

truckerfarmer, I would guess that it was a model 540 or maybe 125 the 540 had a 4 yd bucket and the 125 had a 3 1/2 yd bucket.

Had more like a 2 yd bucket.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic