This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Air Bag Suspension ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Air Bag Suspension ?
    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 7:04pm
I've ben fighting a slow leak on the drivers side bag on my "assume ably" aftermarket air bags. I've narrowed it down to a 90* threaded/hose fitting (threaded end into the top of the bag) that no longer seals onto the bags threads. Is this something that Advanced Auto/ O'rleiy's might have on their shelf ? Thanks
Sponsored Links

Jim.ME View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim.ME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 9:26pm
They, or some other place (like a truck shop) may have the fitting.  But unless you can describe the fitting type by name, thread type, size  and pitch,  the best way is to remove it and take it in hand to be matched up.  I can go out in the shop and grab at least a dozen fittings that would match your description here, and none might be right in some respect.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 9:48pm
Thumbs Up   Thumbs Up
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 6:24am
Will need to get access to a Truck Parts supplier, small shop suppliers do not handle these style air line fittings.  KW or Pete or Freightliner will be a choice.  Whose truck production was it, or what aftermarket air ride is it?
TomC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 8:10am
Well?? I can say what will fit,,they work great on air slide 5th wheels,sleeper air bags,seat air bags,smaller air lines which I'm sure his pickup has. Got to the big box hardware store,get compression fittings for a refrigerator water line. Works great, easy to get hold off, I doubt he'll use them because they are all right hand thread,, have a good day
Jim.ME View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim.ME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 9:15am
He didn't say what the truck was, but from his my "assume ably" aftermarket airbags posting, I was guessing he has a pickup or dually that has airbags added to the suspension.  That could be a bad guess on my part.  I would hope if he has a truck like a Pete, KW, International, etc. he would know about DOT approved airline and fittings.  The small truck add on air bag kits I've seen don't all use DOT class fittings.  Matching the fitting up will be his best bet I believe.  Auto parts stores may have some that will work as they may be similar to the ones used in auto air suspensions and shocks.  RV and trailer (camper, bumper pull, gooseneck) places may have them as well.

Edited by Jim.ME - 30 Oct 2020 at 9:18am
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 10:33am
We have an '14 class C Winnabago on an E-450 that came with air bags.
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2020 at 8:29am
Most air bags with Nylon tubing feed lines(Generally 3/8") use compression sleeve connections as air brakes do.  These can often be improperly installed where the use of a Internal Sleeve to preclude crushing the line too far and failure to seal occurs

Are called Support in this catalog reference.

If use a Externally Threaded bag Fitting and Nut with a Internally threaded nut then is usually a Nylon washer or a O-ring recess where the Threads do nothing but hold the line, putting dope or tape on the threads will do nothing if the recess has been overtightening damaged and the seal has already failed, that will require replacement of the bag and the line fitting.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2020 at 8:39am
Originally posted by TomC TomC wrote:

Well?? I can say what will fit,,they work great on air slide 5th wheels,sleeper air bags,seat air bags,smaller air lines which I'm sure his pickup has. Got to the big box hardware store,get compression fittings for a refrigerator water line. Works great, easy to get hold off, I doubt he'll use them because they are all right hand thread,, have a good day

I see what you did there!
TomC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2020 at 10:27am
Hahahahha, yup,
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2020 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by Tbone95 Tbone95 wrote:

Well , once again your post AND tom have absolutely NO informative input to the question WinkWinkCryCry. It's the ENTIRE 90* NPT/ 1/4" tube fitting that is bad on a '05 Ford F250 chasis with aftermarket NON FIRESTONE bags Ouch. According to my supplier of the "boughten" fitting, Firestone bags are "bottom-of -the-barrel" bags Wink
TomC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2020 at 6:27pm
Maybe sober up a bit before you start flinging wildly. If you read my post it directly addresses fittings not air bags. And so you don't embarrass yourself in the future,sleeper air bags,seat air bags and 5th wheel air lines are all fitted with 1/4 inch fittings the suspension air bags are 3/8 inch fittings. I agree with your shop Firestone bags of any kind generally wont hold up,, but I don't believe I even brought it up, what you didn't like was my jab about right hand threads and that still holds true. Now,, go on back and work on that next 12 pack.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2020 at 6:56pm
Sorry dude, my input lines are 1/4 inch WinkWink . I didn't realize that a detailed, pictured, micrometered description would pacify you WinkWink. What was your "lefthand" snart about ?? 
After exhausting 2 "big rig" shops and all 3 "chain" stores, a local  "hitch/rv accessory" shop had the fitting. And on top of that, there are 4 variances of that fitting Wink It's an'05 F250 with a service body on it  BTW. I apologize for my "ignorance" as far as describing the fitting in NPT/PF terms as I'm not a plumber/mechanic, just assumed it was a common part but found out to the contrary Wink
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2020 at 7:28pm
Is all aftermarket and Nothing to do with Ford Directly.  Either find the manufacturer name and contact them as to qualified fittings or play chase your own tail.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2020 at 7:34pm
I understand this Dmiller, I've got the part, trying to elaborate to some "others" on the application WinkWink.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2020 at 7:40pm
Hee hee, I know the answer, but I aint sayin...LOLLOL
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2020 at 8:09am
Originally posted by FREEDGUY FREEDGUY wrote:

Originally posted by Tbone95 Tbone95 wrote:

Well , once again your post AND tom have absolutely NO informative input to the question WinkWinkCryCry. It's the ENTIRE 90* NPT/ 1/4" tube fitting that is bad on a '05 Ford F250 chasis with aftermarket NON FIRESTONE bags Ouch. According to my supplier of the "boughten" fitting, Firestone bags are "bottom-of -the-barrel" bags Wink

Once again, waaaaaa

Sometimes, a topic gets started, other guys talk about other things. Tom cracked a funny, I replied to him obviously. Had nothing to do with your question. Too bad so sad.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2020 at 8:59am
BUTT, BUTT, BUTT...IT WAS FUNNY !!  ( Tbone and Tom)
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic