This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New RANT

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New RANT
    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 6:40am
Wife is being dumb again.  We have a Grand Niece that has been living in Moscow Mills MO for a few Years, wife donates our stuff to her as if she is made of money giving me that "oh it was old(Less than five Years) and needed replacing, I gave to Brittany as she Needed it".  Not our Daughter, not even a grandchild but Sis In Law's Grandchild.  

That was not enough to deal with the girl has currently two babies, one is three and a half, the other just over a year, first one was from a Illegal Mexican that cannot be located for Child Support money but shows up out of the blue to see His Boy on occasion where slips a few twenties to Brit as if doing any good.  Second is a girl from her current boyfriend(African American) she is cute as a bugs ear and is great around us, the boy not so much.  George the boyfriend is something else altogether.

Now the rant part.  Last year (2019)around February Brit who is buying a house in Moscow Mills decides she 'Needs to be a stay at home Mom', quits her job that also provided insurance for the kids.  Well that was some OK for a few months then lost her car(ON PAYMENTS) Repo'd as missed three payments.  At that time also had let car insurance lapse where had a fender bender and is being sued for damages.  George WAS working at a Exercise place, desk jockey hand out towels etc, got laid off as of Covid19.
Applied for UI, was eligible for THREE whole months, Brit quit her job so NOT eligible., they then lose HIS Car as not making payments and had dropped insurance.  So the landlord that they make house payment to is evicting them, FOUR Months Past Due on payments, George has been unable to get a job so I checked openings in Lincoln County.  SEVERAL DOZEN No Skill jobs unfilled and date BACK to late 2019, George is UNSKILLED.  Asked of those, George has no transportation so they would not hire, W  T  F??  Asked them if he can walk as most are in Troy not ten minutes away, get the look again.  Get asked if I will lend them my old Impala, and I said NO.  They are NOT on our insurance and with the suit CANNOT add Brit, George's driving record also CRAP so a call to our insurance notes would add $300/month to the LIABILITY only on the 2010 Impala.  HOLY HORSE APPLES.

Wife wants to dodge that but knows what happens if caught.  LOSE all our auto insurance.  NOT HAPPENING.

So George who has no car and no auto insurance gets a Job OFFER near his Mom in Tucson(HMMMM, I suspect a Lie but Oh Well)  Sis In Law sets up money to rent a Uhaul and move expenses to Tucson so they can use his Mom's EXTRA Car for he to get to work.  OK but a caveat.

Wife offers for the interim for them to stay HERE, Eat us out of house and Home, destroy OUR Basement for the Kids Playroom, and allow them to cuddle up on OUR Spare Beds.  She wants to Store their Crap in MY Workshop so I set the law down NO AND NO AND NO!!!

NO WAY IS THIS GETTING A FOOTHOLD.

Edited by DMiller - 13 Oct 2020 at 6:41am
Sponsored Links

klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 7:22am
DMiller your in the dog house now! And good for you! From your description niece needs to grow up! Life is tough and a lot more tough when a person does stupid uncaring sh#t!
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 7:35am
She learned from her own Mom, our deceased nephew's Ex Wife.  She led the same basic lie of can beat the system if work it.  She has fled to FL with another Drug Head(She is one), will likely die there of a OD.
Her daughter only learned the bad choices and I do not tolerate that.  BTW My permanent residence is the Dog House!!

Edited by DMiller - 13 Oct 2020 at 7:37am
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 7:59am
Dave, stand your ground on this one. Inform your wife that by helping Brit out she is only encouraging and enabling more bad behavior. And some people have to hit rock bottom before they realize they need to start climbing out of that hole they put themselves in. A late friend of mine had a saying: "It is easier to keep a mad (rabid) dog out of the house than to get him out once he gets in." And as John Wayne said "Life is hard, it's even harder when you are stupid."
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 8:05am
Sounds like anything you do for them is giving a drunk a drink. Choices have consequences and they should live with theirs. Nothing you do will fix it.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 8:23am
man I feel for you...
one, maybe 'option'...WHY can't they simply go to Tucson NOW ?? Not like they're working...faster they get out of state the better ! I'm assuming Tucson ,AR ??

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 10:38am
I set some boundaries this morning, IF they would accept the wife's invite.  Wife did not have to lay those out as they are moving, should have the Uhaul by Friday be on the road Sat**day and at Tucson AZ by Monday.

Had a wild random thought pop on this, Willing to bet GOOD money she is pregnant and if not will be by Christmas, So either a June/July baby, or a Sept/Oct baby 2021.  
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 3:22pm
If your  25 years old and NEVER made a right/ correct decision since you were 15 , your in for a world of hurt.. Some people have turned their life around, but when your starting at the BOTTOM and refuse to change , just looking for handouts.... it dont go good.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 6:46pm
These two are headed into a Unknown, got to give credit for that, HOWEVER, is his Mom's town so they have a Safe Spot, low cost(Maybe) for a short time.  IIRC he had spoken of being a construction laborer previously and There so that may be where headed back into, not much life and layoffs abundant.
LeonR2013 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeonR2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 9:13pm
You can just be sure drugs are involved. This day and age when you see a downward spiral it's almost a gimme. By the way keep a close eye on your bank account. My son didn't and he wound up in the hole.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 11:08pm
agree with all above
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 5:55am
well at least you dodged that bullet...whew....
I'm waiting for the better half to tell me I have to clean up the mess the 'contractor' made on HIS land by felling two 50' ColoBlue spruces yesterday......
oh yeah NO hot water here either..yuck..one FAST, lukewarm shower....
sun's not up..what else will happen ??

Jay
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
iowallis View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iowallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 7:49am
Similar situation with my niece. Boyfriend is from Chicago area and grew up in the projects. Employers “just don’t understand his needs “ so he can’t find a job that “fits his needs “ and has been unemployed for the last year. It was also unfair he couldn’t collect unemployment when the extra payments were added. She had $25000 saved up for a house and that is gone, found that out when she wrecked her car.

Anyways, one of her tires has a slow leak so they stop by repeatedly to use my air compressor. They suggested, and my wife agreed, why not give them the pass code to my shop so they don’t need to bother us when they need air. I said absolutely not!
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 8:52am
why not give them the pass code to my shop so they don’t need to bother us when they need air. I said absolutely not   LOL   LOL   Thumbs Up
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 9:19am
Originally posted by iowallis iowallis wrote:

Similar situation with my niece. Boyfriend is from Chicago area and grew up in the projects. Employers “just don’t understand his needs “ so he can’t find a job that “fits his needs “ and has been unemployed for the last year. It was also unfair he couldn’t collect unemployment when the extra payments were added. She had $25000 saved up for a house and that is gone, found that out when she wrecked her car.

Anyways, one of her tires has a slow leak so they stop by repeatedly to use my air compressor. They suggested, and my wife agreed, why not give them the pass code to my shop so they don’t need to bother us when they need air. I said absolutely not!

"Has Needs" is a excuse to NOT be gainfully employed!!  His ONLY need is to be productive for a employer, if cannot accept that time to Move on, GET OUT.  He will find a way to disappear when she cannot supply enough $$, sorry but seen that before.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 9:52am

Yeah,,I feel for all you guys with daughters, grand daughters and nieces,,,,We had 5 Boys, and altho the wife threatened to throw out the last two when the Dr told her she had birthed yet another BOY,,,we haven't had to go thru the sleepless nights wonderin where in the heck that little girl is at 3AM,,,,,!
 I'm in ya'lls corner on what you say bout them shiftless boys that take advantege of the women,,,,,Clap
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

why not give them the pass code to my shop so they don’t need to bother us when they need air. I said absolutely not   LOL   LOL   Thumbs Up
Might be wise to change that code as wife sounds sympathetic and may just tell them to be nice
iowallis View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iowallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 2:04pm
We had a discussion and she agreed probably not the best idea to give it to them. Not really worried about my niece or her boyfriend but his “friends “ if they happen to be with him when they stop by and see how to get in.

Sad state of affairs when I am a “haves” and the “have nots” feel they should have some of my stuff. Not trying to get political but the niece said her boyfriend was heading to Minneapolis a few months ago to get what HE deserves because of his “suffering “. Whether he actually went I don’t know. Political rant over in case she see’s this and calls me racist like she has told other family members.
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by iowallis iowallis wrote:

We had a discussion and she agreed probably not the best idea to give it to them. Not really worried about my niece or her boyfriend but his “friends “ if they happen to be with him when they stop by and see how to get in.

Sad state of affairs when I am a “haves” and the “have nots” feel they should have some of my stuff. Not trying to get political but the niece said her boyfriend was heading to Minneapolis a few months ago to get what HE deserves because of his “suffering “. Whether he actually went I don’t know. Political rant over in case she see’s this and calls me racist like she has told other family members.

You're looking at the problem from the wrong point of view. Wink Move the more valuable things into a locked container off in one corner. Leave just enough things out to qualify for felony theft. Get a bunch of High resolution surveillance cameras and tell them the pass code. Then as nature takes it's course. The boyfriend will get what he deserves: Three hots and a cot for 5-10. LOL Unless he's a real low life he won't take thing while your daughter is along, he'll go get his buds and come back some other time.

Edited by PaulB - 14 Oct 2020 at 4:42pm
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
iowallis View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iowallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by PaulB PaulB wrote:

Unless he's a real low life he won't take thing while your daughter is along, he'll go get his buds and come back some other time.

Not my daughter, my niece.

Edited by iowallis - 14 Oct 2020 at 5:57pm
Manchester Allis View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manchester Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 6:14pm
I like the idea about the just enough for felony arrest.  But do not give him the pass code but install the cheapest lock you can find.  An interior one even... Then you can add B&E.  We say that but I do sympathize with all of you.  Seems the hand out crowd is bigger than the hand up.  I have no problem helping someone with a hand up.  Have done before.  But these feel more like the hand out type.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 6:51pm
Sis in Law confessed, she said she told Brit if stayed Here would have to go Back To Work SOMEWHERE, and support Rent payments, that dropped like a lead balloon, so Yes, the little brat Brit is looking to ride the Free Pony as long as can.  KNOWS are ten jobs to ONE Applicant here and KNOWS as Sis in Law told her I Looked up jobs around Troy and how long been In Paper or on Fliers or on Social Media Sites.
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2020 at 6:54am
Sounds like my BILs daughter who got into drugs with her boyfriend. Police caught her and said she would be let go if she told them where he was. She said no. Convicted, 18 months in jail. Lost her kids. Now she is out, still on drugs and no custody or visitation of kids. These dang kids can't make a right decision if their life depended on it.
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2020 at 7:24am
Sorry to say they feel they are in Their Right and no one is going to tell them NO.  Sadly they get re-educated that is not the case over and over and still travel that path.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2020 at 8:57am

According to some statistics often quoted by the news,,,there are way more children now living with parents these days than ever before. Why,??,,nobody knows,,,but our youngest is here with us and the oldest lives on my property  next door. I don't mind as it keeps the wife from worryin bout them and they do pay their own way and stuff.
 BUT,,we have friends and family that are not so lucky and we have to constantly listen bout "junior" needin to get bailed out yet again or Abigail needin more money for diapers for her young uns,,,,,,all that,,,but the absolute worst is that somewhere along the way,,they have developed one heck of a bad opinion of our country and form of guvment and want to "change" everything. They all,, to a one,, believe that the guvment OWES them everything  and actually despise the word,,,,WORK,,,,!!!
 Our Granddaughter, whom we raised and love dearly is college educated, has a great job and has an even greater future planned out. BUT,,,,her political beliefs are to the moon and back. She will admit that her professors are the ones that re-educated her ,,,WTH,,,WTH,,,,!!!!
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2020 at 9:14am
A lot of it started in the mid 1960s with the invent of WELFARE and FREE CHEESE.. If you dont want to work, you dont have to..... Those people grew up and became big city school teachers and college professors... I dont see that as much in the RURAL schools, but the "GOVT OWES YOU A LIVING" is pretty common core for City schools and College.
Brian Jasper co. Ia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Jasper co. Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 7:40pm
I can identify with you Dave. My wife is the youngest of 3. Her middle sister is responsible, went to Iowa like she did and has a job as an RN at a hospital in Des Moines. Their oldest sister is a professional leech. Missy went to one of those independent schools that any education you get won't transfer to a public university. Missy got an LPN and worked 6 months at a nursing home before she hurt her back and was off on work comp. Eventually work comp ended and she never went back to work. Years ago she ruined her credit so mom and dad bought her a house with the idea Missy would make the payments and when paid for it would be her house. That worked for a few years until their dad passed away. The house needed windows, siding, and a roof. Since Missy wasn't working, mom was paying the mortgage. Then mom started paying the utilities because Missy didn't have the money. When the water got shut off we found out Missy had used their dad's identity to get electricity and gas. Whenever she needed gas in the car, mom I need gas, mom I need to get my car fixed, mom I need money for _______. It came to a head when mom stopped by on a hot July day, the back door is standing open, the air was set on 65, and the flapper in the toilet had gone bad so the water is running 24/7. Mom finally grew a spine and we sold Missy's house and mom paid off the mortgage she had taken out on her fully paid for house to pay for windows, siding, a roof, and the student loans that Missy skipped out on. When we started cleaning up Missy's house for sale, we found out she had a bunch of homeless people living there with her, one of which was dealing we found out when the Central Iowa Drug Taskforce kicked in the front door and tore the place apart. Once the house was sold Missy took over her mom's 1 car garage and turned it into an apartment. Just one of those leeches that we just couldn't get rid of. Eventually mom came down with Alzheimer's and she moved in with their middle sister. All this time whenever Missy needed money she asked for mom's credit cards and picked her up to go to the bank to draw out money. Eventually the bank manager told middle sister that if Missy brought mom in again for cash, they were going to file elder abuse charges on Missy. Middle sister had POA and had the accounts changed to require her authorization for cash withdrawls so that stopped. Then she cancelled the credit cards so that stopped. When mom finally agreed that she wasn't going home and was staying with middle sister, we again had to kick Missy out. She said she would move, but she couldn't go to an apartment because she has a big dog. We found a few decent low priced mobile homes but those weren't acceptable. She came up with a 40' 5th wheel in a park that allowed year round living. Mom paid for the camper in August, but come January Missy had moved back in the house. Come to find out she hadn't been paying the lot rent and the RV park owners were looking for her to kick her out. The camper ended up in mom's driveway. As we were cleaning out mom's house to sell, Missy of course was doing anything she could to undermine the process. It finally came to a head and we gave her a hard deadline to be gone and take her hoard with her. That day came and she said she didn't have a place for the camper so we weren't moving it that day. We were ready for that and I said we have it approved to go to a storage lot. There were a couple places not too far that also took long term so the choice was hers. We got it moved on the Sat**day before the derecho, the house is sold and finally the leech has been removed.
I totally sympathize with you if your wife is wanting to basically take these bums in. The whole Missy story spans 11 years. DO NOT give them a car, DO NOT give them a place to live. It will take an eviction process just like a landlord does to get rid of a non paying tennant.

Edited by Brian Jasper co. Ia - 16 Oct 2020 at 7:42pm
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
Ron Eggen View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Eggen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 9:14pm
Dave, we have a niece just like her.  I blame a lot of her actions on CELL PHONES and FACEBOOK .  She can't possibly think all these things up by her self.  Good Luck !
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 8:47am
I see and hear the horror stories over and over, the damn media will not present it in a bad light of leeching off family so that continues until parents die off then the 'Kids' now over upper twenties become street leeches attempting to live off friends confidants or the Guv Teat.  Very sad that society leadership IE Teachers and schooling set this crap up all with the blessings of the Libretard Dems.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2020 at 7:18am
Sis in Law called wife at 5 this morning, is upset as the kids made such a Hasty departure they took primarily only clothes and personal items, little to no furnishings or hard goods.  I am thinking sis in law set herself up for success in that did not rent a Uhaul Truck, rented a Yukon from Enterprise and a Uhaul Trailer.  I am doubting the kids turn in the Yukon leaving the sis in law hanging for the rental.  If that happens I cannot feel sorry for the SIL, she set herself up for success.  She was also upset the kids left without turning their keys over(HINT, they owe more than let on and are in DEEP Shat) where they abandoned much of their stuff in the house.

What a bunch of crap, from her own grand daughter.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic