This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Paper money (dollars) will be obsolete Soon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weiner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2020 at 4:48pm
I don`t have a checking account,  haven`t had one most my life.  I also don`t have a smart phone.   I have a flip phone that I take and use while on the road for emergencies only.  Most of the time it sits on my counter turned off.   WOW!  How did I live so long without either one?
Real heros wear dogtags, not capes.
Sponsored Links

shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2020 at 5:59pm
if the stores would just say "cash only" one day a week, that would cause havoc! this is just one more way the gubbermint wants to control things. maybe they'll all become communistic and kill all normal folks like they did the jewish people?
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2020 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by LouSWPA LouSWPA wrote:

Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

30 MILLION people dont have a checking account or VISA....WHAT NOW ?

Steve, who are these 30 million? how do they get their paycheck cashed? How do they pay bills? My suspicion is most of those are indigents, or illegals, and Like I said, one suggestion was 'barcoding' them. But, there are possibly some off the grid'rs  in that number, and they are some of the ones the gu'mnt is looking for! they WILL pay their taxes!

Lou, your thinking/assumptions are wrong Wink !!

Edited by FREEDGUY - 07 Aug 2020 at 7:01pm
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2020 at 6:41pm
Know several here around Hermann, get their check go to grocery store, cash that check and go pay bills, NOT ever had a Bank Account, do not want one.  IRS hates them as has to send them a Check for refunds if ever get one, they send a Money Order when owe.  BTW, NOT Indigenous Nor Black Nor Latino, White as day is long, four are Women.

Edited by DMiller - 07 Aug 2020 at 6:42pm
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2020 at 6:57pm
In my younger days we use to stop by the local bar after work on Friday.... Owner made a point of having $50K on hand every friday.. Local workers would line up to cash their pay checks with him.

I take the grandkids to McDonalds 2 times a week for lunch.. Drive thru.... 90% of the time, the guy in front of us is paying with CASH.. I use VISA.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2020 at 11:13pm
if i don't have at leasta $100. in my pocket all the time...i feels nekkid.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2020 at 11:17pm
one thing that really worked well for me thru the years...if i was anywhere to buy a large item, i would ask them how much...if paid in cash and they didn't hafta furnish a reciept for the item...worked very well every time cept once and i didn't buy anything from that dude, went elsewhere. always got things new/used ALOT cheaper. worked on repairs/parts/labor 
 too
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2020 at 11:54pm
Originally posted by FREEDGUY FREEDGUY wrote:

Steve, who are these 30 million? how do they get their paycheck cashed? How do they pay bills? My suspicion is most of those are indigents, or illegals, and Like I said, one suggestion was 'barcoding' them. But, there are possibly some off the grid'rs  in that number, and they are some of the ones the gu'mnt is looking for! they WILL pay their taxes!

well OK then, thanks for letting me know!
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 12:02am
Dad was a Union Carpenter, I was pretty little, but I remember at least on some jobs they would hand out the checks, then cash them on the spot. I remember hearing dad saying something to mom about it.

the phone I have now belongs to the employer. When I retire, I will have one of those prepaid jobs. 
Wait for the Lord;
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 9:33am
Funny how times change, Grandmother for some reason had kept a series of pay envelopes of my Grandfather's, she destroyed them before we could abscond with them.  Had his annual payroll written on the outside, each pay period where showed taxes paid against gross pay and his net pay result which was In Cash in the envelopes back in the 1940s.  Shell Oil Co Roxana IL.  The envelope was returned for each subsequent payday until end of year so would be used as a W2 is today.  She kept the last IIRC four or five years worth before they paid in Paychecks.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 6:48pm

Your quite welcome LOLLOL. Sadly, you also had to bring up UNION pay checks , Wink.

LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 10:18pm

Your quite welcome LOLLOL. Sadly, you also had to bring up UNION pay checks , Wink.

I don't know what I am talking about, and now I have upset you.....anything else you would like to bring up? Since my thinking and assumptions are all wrong, I probably should have consulted you before I brought up union paychecks.... my bad
Wait for the Lord;
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2020 at 9:05am
NOW THATS FUNNY !!!... Lou, you should have posted your little green laughing man at the end !!!  LOL
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2020 at 5:14pm
Don't lose any sleep over it Lou LOL It's just that I would wager that 98% of the checks that get cashed FOR cash have already gotten the "taxes" taken out, correct me if I'm wrong please. Don't let STEVE  influence the conversation though because apparently he still lives in the time frame of the Viet Nam/Berlin wall coming down as far as "phones" LOL!!! After the first of January, the nation will get back on track Wink

LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2020 at 7:42pm

Don't lose any sleep over it Lou LOL It's just that I would wager that 98% of the checks that get cashed FOR cash have already gotten the "taxes" taken out, correct me if I'm wrong please. Don't let STEVE  influence the conversation though because apparently he still lives in the time frame of the Viet Nam/Berlin wall coming down as far as "phones" LOL!!! After the first of January, the nation will get back on track Wink

Trust me, I'm not loosing any sleep over anything you say.

Wait for the Lord;
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2020 at 9:55pm
Good I'm tired of getting to town and finding out the old gal needed my cash for a new pair of shoes or sumptin.      
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2020 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by HD6GTOM HD6GTOM wrote:

Good I'm tired of getting to town and finding out the old gal needed my cash for a new pair of shoes or sumptin.      

I just got mine out of the repair shop after being there for two days. you kinda miss them when they are not in bed beside ya at night.....she can have my cash, she's worth it!
Wait for the Lord;
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2020 at 10:55pm
cash is king
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2020 at 11:03pm
According to the FDIC, cash represented just 30% of all payments in 2017. Furthermore, 68.7% of U.S. households had a credit card in 2017 vs. 63.8% in 2015.
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 5:56am
I ran my construction company until 2009. On Fridays I’d collect hrs. At lunch and write pay checks soon after. Often times the guys would ask me to cash the checks so I’d go to the bank and cash the checks for the ones who wanted. Several of my guys wanted theirs in cash.
This reminds me of a funny story.
We built a vacation home for a nice family from OK. They had a son about 12. He was a very nice and polite kid. He rode around the little lake community on a nice little Honda dirt bike.
We were building down the road and one Friday he stopped by to say hi. I asked what he’d take for the Honda? He said it’s not for sale. I told him let me know if he changed his mind. I said look here. I shower him those envelopes full of cash. His eyes were big as dinner plates.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 6:06am
Cash will remain King in some form!!  Grandmother used to give her Great Grands a few dollars every visit for them to buy a few special things for themselves at the store, one of my younger brothers preferred NO Paper, liked coins, became his standard as to "Cold Hard Cash"!!  
Steve Bright View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Bright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 8:47am
Cashless society has been in the works for a few years now, I believe in my life time it will be reality, Cash you have stashed will be a collectors item only. Big brother wants control of all you money, collect taxes on all of your money, Just as Steve stated he does all transaction by credit card or Bank card, That will be the reason for the justification. Better go back and write a few checks, pay a few bills with cash, and keep that bank card in you pocket
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 12:32pm
need change to pay parking meters, cities won't give up them
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 7:40am
Originally posted by tadams(OH) tadams(OH) wrote:

need change to pay parking meters, cities won't give up them

Na Tom, just the chip in your finger or the bar code tattoo. Park, beep, and go. You have nothing to fear. Just smile and carry on, citizen.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 8:24am
up here,you can wave your debit/credit card and make the meters happy....
I've disabled the 'swipe and go' option on my cards for obvious reasons

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 8:29am
again, 30% of ALL TRANSACTIONS are done in CASH today..... Paper money is not going away in our life time... will be YEARS away.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 8:46am

Well,,I shudder to think ole TBone may have an insight into what could possibly be the norm in the future,,,,,!
  I'm like ole Dave and Steve, tho,,I think ,,at least in our lifetime,,,there will always be cash and dollars,,,,Clap I do all three in that I use my checking account to pay most of our bills, my card for groceries and cash for personal items less than $50. Oh ,,and I have a "reloadable" card for internet purchases that I really like for the security of it,,Clap
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 10:43am
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

Well,,I shudder to think ole TBone may have an insight into what could possibly be the norm in the future,,,,,!
  I'm like ole Dave and Steve, tho,,I think ,,at least in our lifetime,,,there will always be cash and dollars,,,,Clap I do all three in that I use my checking account to pay most of our bills, my card for groceries and cash for personal items less than $50. Oh ,,and I have a "reloadable" card for internet purchases that I really like for the security of it,,Clap

I used to think a lot of things would last "a lifetime", a good many decades anyway.

One thing this year has taught me, is chit can change FAST and DRASTICALLY.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 1:27pm

Foolish Tech Prediction 1

"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers."

Thomas Watson, president of IBM, 1943

At the dawn of the computer industry, nobody really knew where this new technology would take us. But the explosion of desktop computing that put a PC in nearly every American home within 50 years seems to have eluded the imagination of most mid-century futurists.

Foolish Tech Prediction 2

"Television won't be able to hold on to any market it captures after the first six months. People will soon get tired of staring at a plywood box every night."

Darryl Zanuck, executive at 20th Century Fox, 1946

Foolish Tech Prediction 3

"Nuclear-powered vacuum cleaners will probably be a reality within ten years."

Alex Lewyt, president of Lewyt vacuum company, 1955

Edited by steve(ill) - 11 Aug 2020 at 1:28pm
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 5:09pm
To the "PAPER IS GONE" crowd, where does the stock piles of GOLD come into play ?? I've NEVER been behind a customer trying to pay the cashier with gold, BUT , I've been behind an AS*()&$E that tried paying with a "card" that wouldn't go through AFTER 20 minutes AND 8 SWIPES of the card in the checkout line Cry !!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic