This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Onan engines question?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
coggonobrien View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coggonobrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 7:53am
Guess I didn't know they were differant, I haven't made it far enough with my swap to drive anything with it.
Sponsored Links

Tracy Martin TN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 7:46am
I will swap out my crankshaft. I thought the cam and governor would be different to gain the RPM's. Rods will swap too. This is what I was mainly concerned with. I need to know about cam ,governor, and timing gears? Tracy
No greater gift than healthy grandkids!
ac720nut View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac720nut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 5:36am
Thought all generators had tapered crankshaft ?
M.A.C.K. View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.A.C.K. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 4:03pm
don't hold me to this but there is probably no difference at all, the generator is limited due to the generator head can't turn but so hard. if anything is different it's probably the carb tuning and the governor setup.

just my two cents

Mid Atlantic Customs and Klassics
Tracy Martin TN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 10:18pm
What differences is it in an Onan  CCKA,CCKB generator engine and an Onan  CCKA, CCKB tractor engine that causes the difference in RPMS 1800 versus the 3600? What internals must be swapped? Any help appreciated. Thanks Tracy
No greater gift than healthy grandkids!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic