This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Classifieds
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

220fwa for sale have decided for sure

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allis4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 220fwa for sale have decided for sure
    Posted: 17 Dec 2021 at 4:38pm
UPDATE:

It is now for sale for sure, so any who have inquired Please send me your offers if you are indeed serious about owning this tractor.  

I am not sure how serious I am about this, but if the right offer was made it might entice me to let it go.

In a perfect world I would like to trade it  for a Low hour Agco DTB series, and actually hoping this ad might flush one of those out.  This should give you an idea of the minimum I think it needs to be worth in order for me to let it go, so please only serious offers.  I do not need to sell, and always said I never would sell it, but thinking another tractor that I would actually use might make my life easier  and as I get older easier seems like a good plan lol.  Also every year I don't get it restored just makes me think I never will and It really needs to be done someday.

This tractor (and yes i will send pix to serious people) is in its original work clothes and is straight and complete.  Motor was rebuilt after I bought it and cannot have more than a couple hundred hours on it.  Stored inside for the last 25 or so years, started and run every year or two.   Couple leaks, but nothing major by any means.  The only problem that  I know of is the weld on the clutch linkage where it goes into the torque housing broke a couple years ago and I haven't taken the time to weld it yet as I did not want it to look out of place and hadn't decided if I was going to hire someone to weld it  or try doing it myself.  Since it hardly leaves the shed I just left it for now.  I am sure it will need new batteries and I would be putting them in before starting it to show any potential buyer.
Haven't seen one sell for a couple years, so I guess we will see what their today value is.  Post your interest here and a way to contact you and I will get back to you.  or email me at   weltonkb  at    gmail   dot  com

Located in central iowa 

Edited by allis4ever - 28 Dec 2021 at 5:59pm
Sponsored Links

SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2021 at 7:36pm
Good luck. I wouldn't want to be in your position. I couldn't sell it,but that's just me and I totally understand what you're saying about being practical. 
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2021 at 4:09pm
Yes good luck - and mean that genually, no sarcasum, I have a couple desired tractors to collectors , which I kind of am ., but dam they gotta work a little ! Just do not understand having a tractor just set there because its deemed worth $100,000 because of being rare; theres alot of money in the world now ; hope you get what your satisfied with,  another question I have is , what will it be worth in 20 years ? As time goes by and the new ELECTRIC CRAZE is on - what happens to this stuff- Got a feeling CHINA will melt it all  

Edited by DougG - 18 Dec 2021 at 4:13pm
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2021 at 6:37pm
Kirk, i dont need a 220, but would be interested in seeing photos of your tractor.. Assume others would also...

I will send you a MESSAGE with my e-mail... If you send photos , i would be happy to post them here for you.... if your interested... might get more lookers !
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2021 at 9:07pm

Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Calvin Schmidt View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2021 at 8:42am
Very nice honest 220 fwd with a Laport cab. Mine had the same cab that had to be added at one point. Mexican hats are a nice addition. Good luck Kirk.
Nothing is impossible if it is properly financed
allis4ever View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allis4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2021 at 9:21am
Originally posted by Calvin Schmidt Calvin Schmidt wrote:

Very nice honest 220 fwd with a Laport cab. Mine had the same cab that had to be added at one point. Mexican hats are a nice addition. Good luck Kirk.

Believe it or not that cab was never mounted on a tractor before this one. Local dealer had purchased it new and it sat out back on a pallet for years and a-holes eventually broke the windows out of it. I ended up with it and took the mounts that were intended for a 190 and made them work on this. The fenders are in the shed since it actually had a Egging sp. cab on it when I bought it and it slipped between the fenders.

Pix have been sent to those wanting them and thanks to Steve (il) for posting them up on here as well.

Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2021 at 11:23am
Taking a LaPorte cab off has to be done in stages. All the console control pivots are part of the cab base frame.  My cab was a little rough and I like open station especially after being spoiled in a modern cab. 
AC720Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC720Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2021 at 7:14am
Wow, that’s a nice one. I couldn’t let that go. You will only own it once...most sought after AC tractor in AC history IMO.
1968 B-208, 1976 720 (2 of them)Danco brush hog, single bottom plow,52" snow thrower, belly mower,rear tine tiller, rear blade, front blade, 57"sickle bar,1983 917 hydro, 1968 7hp sno-bee, 1968 190XTD
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allis4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2021 at 4:56pm
I had a couple questions, so thought I would answer them here as well.  Injection pump and injectors were rebuilt at the time of rebuild of motor.
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2021 at 7:41pm
Very nice machine-  if I were you, id offer it here on bids , it can be done, - or put it on an advertised site,, just my opinion 
calico190xt68 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calico190xt68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2021 at 7:55pm
I can't imagine calling my insurance company and saying I need to insure a 50 year old tractor for $100k but that's what you need to do. Isn't the public sale record for one of these $85,000? There are probably no young collectors for these so enjoy it while you can.
80 7010 w/Cab, 67 190XTD Series I w/500 Loader, AC 2000 Plow, AC 4 row Planter, AC 77G Rake, Member Indiana A-C Partners, Member TAC
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2021 at 8:23pm
Times are a changing- All this money about collections-- so much being spent on stuff to just look at - sad , as our ancstors used them to keep the family going, but alot of spoon feed dumbutt grandkids just milking it !
calico190xt68 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calico190xt68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2021 at 8:39pm
Agreed. At least dust it off and drive it in the 4th of July parade in your local town. Show off the brilliant purchase you or your relatives made!
80 7010 w/Cab, 67 190XTD Series I w/500 Loader, AC 2000 Plow, AC 4 row Planter, AC 77G Rake, Member Indiana A-C Partners, Member TAC
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allis4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2021 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by calico190xt68 calico190xt68 wrote:

I can't imagine calling my insurance company and saying I need to insure a 50 year old tractor for $100k but that's what you need to do. Isn't the public sale record for one of these $85,000? There are probably no young collectors for these so enjoy it while you can.

Last one i know of in its work clothes was sold over two years ago and brought 95000. Corn price probably had a 3 in front of it for reference.    No idea if a farmer bought it, but most likely was.
AC720Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC720Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2021 at 9:01pm
Imagine what it would bring if it was the first or the last one built?
1968 B-208, 1976 720 (2 of them)Danco brush hog, single bottom plow,52" snow thrower, belly mower,rear tine tiller, rear blade, front blade, 57"sickle bar,1983 917 hydro, 1968 7hp sno-bee, 1968 190XTD
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2021 at 8:57pm
This one is very close to the end of production 
AC720Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC720Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2021 at 9:07pm
As much I would hate to do it, if it was mine and I no longer used it, I would want it to go to someone to restore or be used as it was designed to do. Such a piece of history, needs to be seen by others to enjoy. So many folks would love to see it work including me. Ive never seen one in person. JMO
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allis4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2021 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by Calvin Schmidt Calvin Schmidt wrote:

This one is very close to the end of production 

yep only 7 more 220’s made after this one, but I believe there were 2 or three more fwa versions of them made according to my research.

Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allis4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2021 at 6:02pm
Have updated ad, so bumping it to the top.

Thanks

AC720Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC720Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2021 at 9:07pm
Damn I wish I had a couple hundred jars of money buried in the back yard....someone is gonna own a nice piece of history. Someone’s dream is gonna come true. I hope it’s someone on here so we can all enjoy seeing it come back to life.
ILGLEANER View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ILGLEANER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2021 at 9:47pm
The most sought after AC. At one time l would have gave my left nut for one. Turned one down for 35,000 at Summerix one day, have regretted it ever since. But l didn't have the money, so it was an easy decision. I have 2 low houred Agco DT B's. And l wouldn't trade one for it. I guess lm getting old 🤣
Education doesn't make you smart, it makes you educated.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allis4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2021 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by ILGLEANER ILGLEANER wrote:

The most sought after AC. At one time l would have gave my left nut for one. Turned one down for 35,000 at Summerix one day, have regretted it ever since. But l didn't have the money, so it was an easy decision. I have 2 low houred Agco DT B's. And l wouldn't trade one for it. I guess lm getting old �£

hey ILgleaner, guess we are all getting older LOL,    Talked to you years ago, and i think you are close to my age so stop calling us old.

What are you doing hogging all those low hour Dtb’s?   Looks like you should want to spread them around and with this deal you get to keep both nuts LOL
ILGLEANER View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ILGLEANER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2021 at 7:02am
Yes it seems we got old quick. Me and the wife talked this morning. And that was 2011 when l could have had one for 35,000
       IG
Education doesn't make you smart, it makes you educated.
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2021 at 8:45pm
hello ig. Good to see you on here. Hope all is well
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2021 at 1:59pm
  Yes don't see much of IG anymore.   Happy New Year 

Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allis4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2021 at 3:43pm
I thought the same. It took a 220fwa to get him back out.   Maybe he needs it more than he thinks :). Maybe he is waxing up one of those dtb’s getting ready to make me a offer after the new year lol.

DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2021 at 6:15pm
I do send kudos your way on how your doing this - the most honest genuine way - good job
Daehler View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daehler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2021 at 9:59pm
IG's been too busy trying to sell me stuff! Lol. It's only money why not have something cool
8070FWA,7080 BlackBelly, 7045,2 200s,D19,D17,G, WD,45,UC,7 AC mowers and lots more!
"IT TAKES 3 JD's TO OUT DO AN ALLIS, 2 TO MATCH IT IN THE FIELD AND 1 FOR PARTS!"
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2022 at 1:40pm
Seen it on FB Marketplace ! Just my opinion - but it will bring its true value on an on-line auction

Edited by DougG - 02 Jan 2022 at 1:41pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic