This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

woods mower belt

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alan-nj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: woods mower belt
    Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 7:50pm
i need a new belt for my woods belly mower.  seems to me there was a discussion a while back on generic belts vs. wood belts from the dealer, but i don't recall the specifics.  are generics any good, and if so what's a good source?  or should i just go to the woods dealer ??  thanks  alan
Sponsored Links

Gil (cent MO) View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gil (cent MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 8:13pm
Call these people on the phone and talk to them about what you need. We have always had good luck with their product. The price is right and the service is excellent.

JayDee Enterprises Inc.

3465 Lost Nation Rd. #15 ~ Willoughby, OH 44094

Email us at jaydeevbelts@sbcglobal.net or visit our website:

www.jdv-belts.com

PH (440) 946-9367 or (800) 989-0162

FAX (440) 946-6148

norm[ind] View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norm[ind] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 8:23pm
  TOO EACH HIS OWN  THEY USUALLY COME BACK TO THE ORIGINAL OR LIKE[KEVLAR]
    1-800-254-3116
mdm1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 9:00pm
I bought mine from Vbeltsupply. It's a kevlar belt and the price is good.
Everything is impossible until someone does it! WD45-trip loader 1947 c w/woods belly mower, 1939 B, #3 sickle mower 1944 B, 2 1948 G's. Misc other equipment that my wife calls JUNK!
GregLawlerMinn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregLawlerMinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 9:49pm
I am happy with the belts from Jaydee (and the price is right0. Order a B225 for a L59 on a B/C/CA or a B248 for the L306 on the B/C/CA.
What this country needs is more unemployed politicians-and lawyers.
Currently have: 1 D14 and a D15S2.
With new owners: 2Bs,9CAs,1WD,2 D12s,5D14s,3D15S2s, 2D17SIVs,D17D,1D19D;1 Unstyled WC
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2011 at 7:03am
I have had real good life from the original belts. last one I got was from JDV it works OK but I'll go back to original belt next year. this one doesn't like to stay twisted correctly. the belts I get from the woods dealer cost alot more but I've used them for 3 or 4 years. I mow 10 acres a week so they see alot of use. the belts I get from the woods dealer are made by PIX with a woods number on them.

Edited by Dakota Dave - 18 Aug 2011 at 7:05am
Nathan (SD) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan (SD) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2011 at 8:53am
Dakota Dave. Are they really PIX?  I will not buy a belt with PIX on it anymore. I and others have had too many failures.  A few years ago my brother worked at a place that sold them for a while. They had returns up the wazoo. Guys would only get a few hours out of them sometimes.
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2011 at 11:24am
They say PIX right on the Belt. I've been getting 3 to 4 years out of each belt. belt alignment on a woods is extremly critical. if your not correct they won't last a day. also nevfer run them to tight or thy'll fail. I had lost of trouble the first year. I went back to the woods dealer and they handed me the setup guide that was in the manual and told me to follow it exactly and not toghten the belt so tight. have not had a problem since.
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2011 at 11:32am
Best thing Ive found to make the belt last longer is dont use the Woods Belly mount for a  brush hog.  Mine last a the best when I park the model C w/ Woods and instead run the model B with a Continental Belton, LOL.
rickwsomd View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickwsomd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2011 at 2:37pm
I bought my L59 for my B in 1991 and it still has the original belt on it.  I cut about 2.5 acres a week when the grass is growing, but cutting slows down quite a bit in the hottest part of the summer.  I don't keep it super tight and I think that has help keep it going so long.  It is also out of the weather and sun when not in use and that may help too.  It is starting to look a little rough now though, so I will finally have to get one before next year.  Rick W.

Daughter Kourtney helping with wood hauling a couple seasons ago.

From the back one evening.  Used it for my computer wall paper at work. B is 1940.

The WD45.  Shows some of the yard size.
Rick W.(So.MD)
Bob(W-Md) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob(W-Md) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2011 at 8:57pm
Hi Rick,That snow shot brings to mind it's not far away for the W-Md mountains.
ky wonder View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ky wonder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2011 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by Butch(OH) Butch(OH) wrote:

Best thing Ive found to make the belt last longer is dont use the Woods Belly mount for a  brush hog.  Mine last a the best when I park the model C w/ Woods and instead run the model B with a Continental Belton, LOL.

this i will have to agree with, i was using my 6' woods rear mount mower last month and it had the original belt that was over 20 years old on it, and it worked well, untill i decided to put it in some thick stuff because i did not want to hook up to the bush hog just to cut the small area, i found a old post laying in the weeds and broke the belt, a new woods belt set me back $100+ at the local dealership, and i could have gotten them on line in the $40 dollar range, but i went with the original, because i do not want to change it again.
i like old tractors of all colors
rickwsomd View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickwsomd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2011 at 8:09am
Hey Bob.  Yeah, it's not too far away.  That is about as big as the hills get down our way though.  That valley is where the Wicomicco river runs up into Zekiah swamp, south of where John Wilkes Booth crossed through heading for the Potomac River after leaving Dr. Mudds house in Bryantown.   
Rick W.(So.MD)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic