![]() |
This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity. | |||||
| The Forum | Parts and Services | Unofficial Allis Store | Tractor Shows | Serial Numbers | History | |
Gleaner A combine for sale |
Post Reply
|
| Author | |
WF owner
Orange Level
Joined: 12 May 2013 Location: Bombay NY Points: 5310 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Topic: Gleaner A combine for salePosted: 27 Sep 2026 at 1:16pm |
|
A local farmer just passed away (in his late 60's) and his wife is selling some of his stuff. She has a Gleaner combine for sale on Facebook Marketplace. I contacted her and she says it is an A.
I'm sure it was probably bought by his father in the early 60's.
|
|
![]() |
|
| Sponsored Links | |
![]() |
|
DrAllis
Orange Level Access
Joined: 12 Sep 2009 Points: 23542 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Posted: 27 Sep 2026 at 6:59pm |
|
With the engine looking like a G-230, I'd call it a model "A-2".
|
|
![]() |
|
dp7000
Bronze Level Access
Joined: 26 Sep 2021 Location: Winchester Kent Points: 184 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Posted: 27 Sep 2026 at 7:44pm |
|
Doc, I have a A3 diesel that I inherited from my father in the barn. What engine does it have and would it fit a tractor? I’ve never dug into it, he bought it at a sale but never used it. Supposed to be low hour. He had E series he used when I was young.
|
|
![]() |
|
DrAllis
Orange Level Access
Joined: 12 Sep 2009 Points: 23542 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Posted: 27 Sep 2026 at 9:17pm |
|
No such thing as an "A-3". A model A-2 would have a D-17/D-262 diesel. A model E-3 would have a 170 gas engine ( V-code compression) with a D-17 carburetor.
|
|
![]() |
|
dp7000
Bronze Level Access
Joined: 26 Sep 2021 Location: Winchester Kent Points: 184 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Posted: 17 hours 19 minutes ago at 12:57pm |
|
You’re right as usual. E3 is the last Gleaner dad had. Combine in the barn is A2. Looks like one for sale in the picture.
|
|
![]() |
|
dp7000
Bronze Level Access
Joined: 26 Sep 2021 Location: Winchester Kent Points: 184 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Posted: 15 hours 18 minutes ago at 2:58pm |
|
Maybe I’ll find a D17 sometime that needs an engine? It ran good when parked. I don’t think I’ll ever find anyone who would want the combine in some one wants it for a collection. Has corn head no grain platform.
|
|
![]() |
|
im4racin
Orange Level
Joined: 12 Jun 2017 Location: Garrison ND Points: 1159 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Posted: 11 hours 42 minutes ago at 6:34pm |
|
I have seen some reference to an E diesel. Not sure where I saw it but thought it was odd. What is the sn of the E3 in question?
|
|
![]() |
|
DrAllis
Orange Level Access
Joined: 12 Sep 2009 Points: 23542 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Posted: 11 hours 30 minutes ago at 6:46pm |
|
E-E3-K combines were gasoline only. K-2's were gas and diesel.
Edited by DrAllis - 11 hours 30 minutes ago at 6:46pm |
|
![]() |
|
wjohn
Orange Level
Joined: 19 Jan 2010 Location: KS Points: 2609 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Posted: 9 hours 35 minutes ago at 8:41pm |
|
That seems cheap enough for someone that lives close. I am hoping to get my A out into the field either in a month for beans or next summer for wheat.
|
|
|
1939 B, 1940 B, 1941 WC, 1951 WD, 1952 CA, 1956 WD-45
|
|
![]() |
|
WF owner
Orange Level
Joined: 12 May 2013 Location: Bombay NY Points: 5310 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Posted: 56 minutes ago at 5:20am |
|
I suspect that old combine doesn't have many hours on it. I drive past their farm often and I didn't even know they owned it.
Edited by WF owner - 55 minutes ago at 5:21am |
|
![]() |
|
dr p
Orange Level
Joined: 24 Feb 2019 Location: new york Points: 1682 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Posted: 53 minutes ago at 5:23am |
|
Its crazy north new york. Only polar bears live close
|
|
![]() |
|
Post Reply
|
|
|
Tweet
|
| Forum Jump | Forum Permissions ![]() You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum |