This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis chalmers B

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fenlandbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis chalmers B
    Posted: 17 Sep 2024 at 10:16pm
Hello all and many thanks for letting me join the group. I'm currently in England and looking for a small tractor for light use. I've been looking at a petrol/ Tvo tractor here in the UK. Apparently she's all good and was driven into the workshop 5 years ago. Tyres look good, paint and metal look good (has had a repaint at some point). It currently doesn't run. It needs tlc. Any idea as to what it might be worth? Not sure as to what year it is. It has the straight front axle. The seller wants something near to £1,000 for it. Curious as to what you think? Any help much appreciated. Many thanks.
Rob.
Sponsored Links

Eric B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2024 at 10:51pm
Hi Rob, welcome to the forum. There are a number of variable factors to determine a fair price, such as: Has it been stored under a roof? Does the engine turn over or is it stuck? If you pull the dipstick, is the oil creamy or does it look good? If you have a chance, take some pictures and post them on here if you can. Sometimes the forum will not allow picture posting right away, but it's worth trying and after some days it should work. 
It's possible that the reasons for not running are simply minor in which case the asking price may be very fair if the tractor overall is in good shape. Markets vary in different parts of the world. If the seller is motivated to sell it is in his interest to have the tractor started and running. The running part can be the deal breaker, he may take less when you can't hear it run. Here in Canada I would expect to hear it run for that price. Some tractors would sell for half that price, and really nice and good running ones can sell for twice what your seller is asking. I would look forward to pictures of the tractor you have mentioned.
Currently- WD,WC,3WF's,2 D14's B. Previously- I 600,TL745,200,FL9,FR12,H3,816 LBH. Earth has no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal!
Fenlandbob View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fenlandbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2024 at 11:31pm
Many thanks for your reply,Eric.
I am unfortunately a bit of a technophobe. The tractor is currently listed on Ebay uk if you can access it. I tried sending a link, but I don't seem to have the ability. I will try again but I wouldn't hold my breath!
Regards, Rob.
Eric B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2024 at 11:47pm
Currently- WD,WC,3WF's,2 D14's B. Previously- I 600,TL745,200,FL9,FR12,H3,816 LBH. Earth has no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal!
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 5:27am
The conversion I came up with is one Euro is $1.11 right now. The price is in the ballpark IF the engine turns over and has compression. 
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fenlandbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 6:59am
That's the one. It's about an hour and a half from my house. However I'm currently in North Carolina until next week so haven't been able to view it yet.
Regards, Rob.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fenlandbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 7:01am
Originally posted by WF owner WF owner wrote:

The conversion I came up with is one Euro is $1.11 right now. The price is in the ballpark IF the engine turns over and has compression. 

Thank you for your response.
Regards, Rob.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 7:16am
Thats a golden oldie... No generator or starter, no battery... Hand crank.. 
---Front wheel rims are PRE 1940....
---tall air cleaner stack
---foot brakes
---war time wide rear fenders
---mag looks new
---tires look new

Edited by steve(ill) - Yesterday at 7:24am
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Gary Burnett View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Burnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 7:56am
Looks good and straight,if it was the tractor I wanted I'd buy it.
Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 9:30am
That's an early one.  Has the split rear rims and the early front hubs and rims.  Wonder what the serial number might be?
ekjdm14 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ekjdm14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 10:16am
My the early ones are really popping their heads up in the UK now! That does look very reasonable for the money provided it turns over smoothly with compression to be felt.  

In fact, it's somewhat of a bargain when you consider an incomplete basket case set me back nearly £200 & you've got great tyres (I have 2 cracked up firestones, one holds air & no fronts), very good tins (bottom 20% completely MIA on all mine), rims seem solid enough (mine are very rotten) not to mention the engine is complete and you have the mag. Should make a decent little tractor for the money.

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 2:22pm
DANG PHIL !!!  Sharp eyes on the split rims... i missed that !
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fenlandbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 hours 2 minutes ago at 5:34pm
Eric B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 hours 25 minutes ago at 6:11pm
Fenlandbob: It looks like some balanced input here from forum members. Once you look at the tractor in person it will probably be easy to make your decision. As long as you're OK to crank start each time and you don't need lights or a 3 point hitch, it may just do the trick for you and no matter how long you keep it, you're very likely to get your money back. For the new tires as well as all the sweat equity to get it into the shape it is in, the 1000 pounds seems justified. When you get back to the UK, please let us know how the story continues, thanks.
Eric 
Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 hours 47 minutes ago at 6:49pm

WF

The money symbol is the UK pound, not the Euro

1,000 pound UK converts to 1,320 US dollars.

G
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 hours 28 minutes ago at 7:08pm
i personally would not want a Daily Use B without a starter... That being said, if your looking for something RARE and DIFFERENT... that tractor has a lot of GOODIES on it !
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 hours 3 minutes ago at 8:33pm
This is just a suggestion but take a sparkplug wrench and a borescope with you when you go look at it. A borescope can tell you a lot about inside the cylinders.

If you don't have a borescope, you can order one to send pictures to your smart phone for under $20. They are a very handy thing to have!
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fenlandbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 hours 31 minutes ago at 11:05pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

i personally would not want a Daily Use B without a starter... That being said, if your looking for something RARE and DIFFERENT... that tractor has a lot of GOODIES on it !

That's half of the appeal, to be honest. She'll potentially stand for a while each year. But hopefully nothing more than a good swing to get her fired again. I do like simple at times.
Regards, Rob.
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 hours 19 minutes ago at 5:17am
It can also be very frustrating when it doesn't start as soon as normal.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic