This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Power beyond

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrSnerdly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Power beyond
    Posted: 16 Sep 2024 at 10:17am
How do you put a power beyond on a 7030?  I have not been finding much help with the local dealer.  I know it can be done.
Sponsored Links

DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2024 at 12:36pm
I think if I was going to try and do that, I would remove the flat plate on the left end of the valve stack. It's probably 1/2" thick. I would use it as the pattern to drill the "OUT" hole and "RETURN" hole and maybe "SIGNAL" ports. The signal port might be able to be teed into the existing signal line. I would replace this 1/2" plate with a new plate probably 3/4" thick with sunken holes for the tie bolt nuts. The reason for a thicker plate is because after you drill those holes in the 1/2" thick plate it will be weak, so it surely needs to be thicker to stay flat under pressure. Connect your hoses to the OUT and RETURN holes on the new plate.
MrSnerdly View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrSnerdly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2024 at 6:01pm
You mean there is a pressure, return and signal port in the remote valve?  If the signal port is there, I believe it would be the easiest to just drill another hole in the plate rather than try to T into a line somewhere.  This would be a relatively simple operation to get power beyond.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2024 at 6:04am
On the left side of the left remote valve is the cover plate. Remove it and you'll see all the ports. Signal would be better to tee into the existing line.
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2024 at 6:45am
I agree with tee-ing into existing signal line, but when I did that at the dealership, we were always told to put a check valve in the line so that oil from existing signal line wouldn't backfeed up to your add on valve. Not sure of the validity of that point, but alway did it
Darrel
MrSnerdly View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrSnerdly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2024 at 8:37am
Thanks so much for the replies.  I have been trying to find information on how to do this for so long I had about given up on trying to do it.

Not to be asking stupid questions, but why is it better to T into the signal line rather than drilling a hole in the end plate to do it?,  Also, could you tell me where the signal line is located?
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2024 at 8:58am
Signal line is on the righthand side of the 3point valve pointing straight out towards the right. Takes a 9/16" or 5/8" wrench. Change the nipple fitting to a L-tee pointing towards the rear to tap into it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic