This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

65B info

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Premier01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 65B info
    Posted: 10 Jul 2024 at 9:50pm
New to the forum. I’m looking for info on the 65b I just purchased. How do I find out the year? Serial number is 75A03133
Thanks for any help
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2024 at 11:11pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2024 at 11:16pm
By 1964, the model DD was being built with a box-type welded frame to replace the former tubular design. Then in 1971, both the D and DD graders were superseded by the Allis-Chalmers M65 and, although retaining its 10-foot blade, weight and power increased to 10,915 pounds and 59 flywheel horsepower. Improvements over the former models included hydrostatic steering and new sheet metal. In January 1974, Allis-Chalmers and Fiat S.p.A. of Italy formed the Fiat-Allis joint venture. The M65 continued the success of its predecessors as the Fiat-Allis 65; and in 1979, as the 65-B, received a 68-flywheel-horsepower Fiat engine with powershift transmission and a weight boost to 13,315 pounds.

Noram Construction Equipment was formed in 1992 to market the Fiat-Allis 65B grader in North America. Three years later, it launched the redesigned articulated FiatAllis FG65C with New Holland 80-horsepower engine and torque proportioning rear axle drive. These machines were made in the Vermeer plant at Pella, Iowa, until 2001. Then NorAm's manufacturing partner, Five Star Industries, continued building the grader on behalf of CNH Global until 2004 when it purchased the manufacturing rights from the latter.

Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Eric B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2024 at 5:02pm
1985 according to my serial# book.
Currently- WD,WC,3WF's,2 D14's B. Previously- I 600,TL745,200,FL9,FR12,H3,816 LBH. Earth has no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal!
Premier01 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Premier01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2024 at 5:05pm
Thank you!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic