This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

F3 won't start

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben (MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: F3 won't start
    Posted: 22 Jun 2024 at 11:58am
Hello,
I started the combine today so I could move stuff around in the shed. It popped right off like always when it's above 70 degrees out. It ran for 5 seconds and then quit. It will now only fire on either for a second but that's it. I replaced the fuel filter making sure it was full of fuel. I cleaned the sediment bowl which was pretty clean anyway. I noticed that I have a beautiful double stream coming from the tank to the bowl, as long as the bowl is removed from the base. It takes several minutes to fill the bowl when on the base. I tried with the fuel cap off, same deal. There's a half tank of fuel. What is going on here, please?
Part time farming with a 1980 7060 and 1984 F3 hydro.
Sponsored Links

DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2024 at 12:01pm
Leave the bail nut loose until the bowl is full and then tighten it up. That is very normal what you are describing.
Ben (MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben (MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2024 at 12:19pm
Perfect, thank you. Back to the drawing board on the no start. I'm just going through the troubleshooting guide in repair manual step by step. Thanks again!
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2024 at 1:33pm
My F2 loses it's prime over winter. It will fire right up and then die. Go pump the primer and good to go. Just like my 220.
Ben (MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben (MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2024 at 2:14pm
Thank you Steve, I will give it a try.
analogguy View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote analogguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2024 at 3:10pm
I have seen the fitting on the top of the injection pump plug with pieces of the governor shock ring. Remove fitting and see if it will start.
Ben (MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben (MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2024 at 3:18pm
Thanks Steve and Analoguy. Priming did the trick, luckily. I didn't want to mess with the pump. Appreciate both of your input. This serves as my reminder to start it monthly in the off season.
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2024 at 1:49pm
Or just pump the primer before you begin and it will be fine
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic