This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Smoke cocktail ?!??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Smoke cocktail ?!??
    Posted: 19 Jun 2024 at 10:37am
Ate out last night and saw a waiter bringing out something in a small wood box . Found out it was a smoke cocktail . Guess I don't get out much ? Wonder what that costs ? Good Grief !!

Edited by ACinSC - 19 Jun 2024 at 10:38am
Sponsored Links

PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2024 at 10:53am
Yes: The economy is so bad that many just can't spend their money fast enough. I see this everywhere. One example is that every Friday after noon I see all manner of campers pulled by fancy new pick ups with glorified golfcarts in the back that total cost is probably more than I paid for my farm. 
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2024 at 12:10pm
A lot of people are spending their money faster than they earn it. Some are so far in debt that if they have a mistep they go under. It's your money and you can spend it like you want but don't expect my taxes to pay off your debt or pay for your groceries and rent when you have the latest electronic gadgets and driving a new car to the nail salon.

My Mom always said "it doesn't matter how much money you make, it's how you spend it that counts." I just wish I had listened to her earlier in life.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2024 at 12:13pm
AC, what is a smoke cocktail? Guess I don't get out as much as you.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2024 at 1:14pm
Hubert, I think it's a cocktail that's served in a smoke filled box so it's tastes smokey? I did smell smoke when it went by.
JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2024 at 3:29pm
only ones I've seen are they turn the glass over on a board they've just put out, filled the glass with the smoke, then add the drink and serve, people just never stop amazing me with how they will part with hard earned money! Back when I drank, it was moonshine from a jar, or Jack Daniels out of the bottle.
Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
Scott B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2024 at 3:52pm
Took my grandson to the see the MonsterJam trucks.  I had the money set aside but mercy, it was an expensive evening.  While there, was looking at people there with their entire families, buying up all the trinkets, shirts, popcorn, hot dogs, etc.  .....and they really didn't look like they had the money .  A family of four easily could have spent $800 to $1,000
D17 Series 1
Allis B- 1939
Allis B- 1945
Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2024 at 4:35pm
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2024 at 4:41pm
If you have the money and want to spend it, thats fine... Many that never HAD money and now DO have it, have a good memory of the old times and are very frugal with what they spend. I tend to be in that catagory........ the BIG PROBLEM these days is people that DONT have the money want to SPEND it anyways and CANT every pay that off... Look at the Credit Card Debt in this country !
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2024 at 4:45pm
People going to sporting events , held in stadiums built with taxpayer financing , then paying over $100 for a nose bleed seat and saying they are loyal fans to guys running around getting paid MILLIONS to act out or act up and present a failed public image .
  Then thought about replacing my 2000 GMC pickup but the $80,000 price tag for similar vehicle along with the fact pickups now come in 4 door and can't find a basic 2 door long bed unit means I will keep what I have 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2024 at 9:04pm
is it lucky strike or camel ?
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2024 at 5:58am
Most of us on this forum had parents that lived through the Great Depression and World War Two. They knew what hard times were and life could be short! Today those examples have been forgotten by both politicians and the general public. In my opinion, we could see even worse times ahead ! History repeats itself. That's what is wrong with History! Mark Twain.
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2024 at 10:00am
Well, I'll be dipped! never heard of that. Fortunately, my experimentation with hard liquor over 50 years ago did not end well, so I will pass on this fad and save my money!
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2024 at 10:13am
PaulB, I don't begrudge anyone possessing big new trucks/ campers/boats, ets as long as they acquired them honestly and can afford the payments.  Somebody has to keep the economy going. However, I know of folks that have such things and are constantly whining about being broke, and in at least one case I am aware of, takes advantage of every free program designed for folks that truly cannot afford essentials. Kids in free lunch program at school, hits the food banks, etc. 

Anyways, if you find yourself in upstate Michigan, look out for the big truck/camper/boat (new or not so new) guys! Apparently, the law up there is that they are required to maintain at least 85MPH.  And, if one comes up behind you, it seems they are required to scrape the dust off of your rear bumper until you get out of their way

Edited by LouSWPA - 21 Jun 2024 at 10:14am
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2024 at 10:54am
Originally posted by LouSWPA LouSWPA wrote:

However, I know of folks that have such things and are constantly whining about being broke, and in at least one case I am aware of, takes advantage of every free program designed for folks that truly cannot afford essentials. Kids in free lunch program at school, hits the food banks, etc. 
 That was the point I was shooting for. I suppose I should have gone more into detail. I am constantly hearing from many that the economy is so bad and nobody has any money. Of course you never know it when you drive anywhere and see all the temporary tags on NEW vehicles. I'm all for those that can, spend it on what you like. Although I constantly see TV ads for bankruptcy lawyers that claim to eliminate the debt of those that couldn't afford all the toys they brought to begin with and all the other ways people splurge unnecessarily. when they should be looking after more important needs. When those that couldn't afford whatever and then their debt is wiped clean, that ends up costing all of us that CAN pay our bills more.  Like the fools that think interest rates should be low, money should cost you to borrow it and them most would think harder before throwing it away on something foolish, like a smoke cocktail. 
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic