This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

7000 pusher bolts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrgoodwrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 7000 pusher bolts
    Posted: 23 Oct 2023 at 12:21pm
i need a set of pusher bolts for a 7000. I figure with a d-19, 3-190's and 2-700's around i should just get a set to keep. does anyone have any experience with the ones being sold through some tractor parts places or on ebay? i can get them at sandy lake for $100 a bolt. the ones on ebay for example are $40 a bolt but look to be cut from regular bolts. others look to be fully machined from stock and are $170 a set. but I certainly don't want to but complete junk but considering I've never really had to use them I don't really want to spend $300 for them to sit in the toolbox.  I might be interested in a used set if anyone is selling.
There are 3 ways to do job GOOD, FAST, CHEAP. YOU MAY CHOOSE 2. If its FAST & CHEAP it won't be GOOD, if it's GOOD & CHEAP it won't be FAST, and if its GOOD & FAST it won't be CHEAP!!!!
Sponsored Links

Model 70 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Model 70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2023 at 12:28pm
Just bought a set from A&W tractor, they worked great on my D19
8070nc View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8070nc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2023 at 2:07pm
Just my 2 cents here
Id get a set from agco
If those bolts arent the right temper and start galling in the wedge it could turn a simple job into a nihgtmare
1984 80780
1957 D14
DES 300 with 25000 engine
616 tractor
Mrgoodwrench View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrgoodwrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2023 at 3:12pm
That's not a bad two cents.  I was kind of thinking that way after looking at the after market ones.
There are 3 ways to do job GOOD, FAST, CHEAP. YOU MAY CHOOSE 2. If its FAST & CHEAP it won't be GOOD, if it's GOOD & CHEAP it won't be FAST, and if its GOOD & FAST it won't be CHEAP!!!!
Alvin M View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alvin M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2023 at 3:15pm
AGCO Part # is 70235674 At 82.17 each plus shipping
Leon B MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leon B MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2023 at 5:00pm
And to think Allis Chalmers gave a set away with each brand new tractor I've got a set from a 200 and an 8050 bought new in 74 and 85.
Leon B Mo
Uncle always said "Fill the back of the shovel and the front will take care of itself".
sparky View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2023 at 5:24pm
How many bolts make a set?
It's the color tractor my grandpa had!
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2023 at 5:58pm
sparky View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2023 at 6:37pm
Okay thanks 
It's the color tractor my grandpa had!
LRWSPWI View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LRWSPWI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2023 at 6:43pm
I built my own for my 200 out of the proper size grade 8 bolts. The wedges were really stuck in the wheel centers, but after a bunch of WD 40 (patience), and some tapping around the centers and putting more pressure on the push bolts every now and then they eventually broke loose. 
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2023 at 7:09pm
Don't forget the "trick"....tire jacked off the floor,keyway on top,jackscrews torqued up and BFH applied to end of axle.
im4racin View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote im4racin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2023 at 9:29pm
Contact Lynn marshal. He had some for sale. Look back in the classifieds…he had a post there
KJCHRIS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KJCHRIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2023 at 11:29pm
I got a set from an online auction a couple years ago. They were only 1/2 hour drive away. 
 Talked to the guy before bidding, he'd got them new @ AC Dlr to move in wheels going from 38" to 30" rows on his 190XT and a neighbor used them to do same thing. 
AC 200, CAH, AC185D bareback, AC 180D bareback, D17 III, WF. D17 Blackbar grill, NF. D15 SFW. Case 1175 CAH, Bobcat 543B,
only AC orange View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote only AC orange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2023 at 7:29am
I've made a set out of grade 8, 3/4" bolts - machined end to fit in hub. Have used several times with '0" problems. Just used on D-19 last week.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic