This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SCH cutterbar

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SCH cutterbar
    Posted: 18 Oct 2023 at 8:53am
3 yrs ago I bought a used R62 with a 800 series platform which has an SCH sickle. All sections are installed top side up. The selling point I thought was every other one is supposed to be upside down to use top guard edge for extended service. Parts books shows bolts from bottom with nut on top. Mine are all nut on bottom. What is correct? Have no manual for the sickle. It works but need to replace some sections and prefer to make it right,whatever that is....TIA
Sponsored Links

CAL(KS) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAL(KS) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2023 at 9:44am
we have a newer head with sch all nuts on top.  rollers instead of rubbing on guards for extra service life also
Me -C,U,UC,WC,WD45,190XT,TL-12,145T,HD6G,HD16,HD20

Dad- WD, D17D, D19D, RT100A, 7020, 7080,7580, 2-8550's, 2-S77, HD15
orangereborn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangereborn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2023 at 11:43am
I have a 20 foot 500 Head and the nuts are on top of a serrated up section ...But my question is the nut...I always put the nut crown up as that is the way it came...I was given a new 30 foot bolted bar and all the nuts are crown down...I have wondered about that before as I have seen sections with a straight punch hole and some that were sort of countersunk...Thought it was for better rivet crush??   

Cal, thanks for reporting on the roller version. Do they inhibit flow or tend to build/catch debris and stick...Thanks...Dale
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2023 at 11:54am
I just replaced all mine. As found, the sections were flipped every other and the nuts were down. I followed suit with the new sections and bolts. Have barely begun to use it but no issues to report
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2023 at 1:45pm
The rollers have no ill effect. The box of SCH bolts are like whats in there. Flange nuts with serrated shank bolt.

Edited by SteveM C/IL - 18 Oct 2023 at 1:47pm
orangereborn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangereborn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2023 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by plummerscarin plummerscarin wrote:

I just replaced all mine. As found, the sections were flipped every other and the nuts were down. I followed suit with the new sections and bolts. Have barely begun to use it but no issues to report
   I did talk to Shoup and they said all SCH System bars interchange.  Just order your color drive head. As for the flipped/no-flip sections, just the way they come in to them.  No idea why. (probably a Mon/Fri thing??) All bolts bottom up and nut flat side down against section.  Countersunk sections?? He thought maybe are for the splice....Dale
automaticdave View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote automaticdave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2023 at 3:34pm
Just replaced my 20 ft of sections and they were like Plummerscarin's - every other up n down, mine had a sch spice in it with recessed nuts (to clear the guard). The recessed nuts were only $4.16 a peice CAD !!!    All nuts were on the bottom . Dave
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic