This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fall Plow day

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveWisc. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fall Plow day
    Posted: 01 Oct 2023 at 4:43pm
All are welcome Fall Plow Day Oct 15 located near Belleville,Wisc Starts at 10 til 4 bring your own lunch call me for direction at 1-608-558-2111 Thanks Dave Hexom
Sponsored Links

PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2023 at 6:25am
What a rip, a person brings a tractor and plow to plow for someone and they have to bring there own lunch Thumbs Down There was a farm over near Charles Town West Virginia that used to host a plow day along with a fall festival and everyone that showed up and plowed got 2 tickets for a free lunch. Thumbs Up
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
Real pullers don't have speed limits.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2023 at 7:37am
Keeping this in mind. Google maps says it's about a 4 hour drive from here. If the beans cooperate and are done I just might make it. Anyone think I'm nuts if I show up with a tractor (and plow) I've never plowed with?
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2023 at 8:17am
The lack of a "free lunch" sure doesn't bother me. I'm always thankful for a couple hours of moldboard plowing. Gets harder each year finding landowners that will even allow such a thing to happen.
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2023 at 9:41am
I'd pay someone to let me plow, and bring lunch for everyone if it would happen in my area. One lil thing on my bucket list is to get my 7580 up and running again, and hook my 6 bottom semi mounted plow onto it and give it a whirl.
Darrel
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2023 at 8:52am
Like the Doctor said, the free lunch is no big deal to me. Just glad to have someplace to put the plow in the dirt!
DaveWisc. View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveWisc. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2023 at 4:41pm
I am sorry but with our age we could not do lunch anymore we did for 10 years with a dish to pass but just could not this year sorry
AC720Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC720Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2023 at 6:41pm
I would gladly pack a lunch if I was given the chance to plow some ground. Don’t apologize for not being able to provide a lunch anymore.
1968 B-208, 1976 720 (2 of them)Danco brush hog, single bottom plow,52" snow thrower, belly mower,rear tine tiller, rear blade, front blade, 57"sickle bar,1983 917 hydro, 1968 7hp sno-bee, 1968 190XTD
jiminnd View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jiminnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2023 at 8:28pm
We have been lucky, find a place to plow just about every year, missed a couple because was too wet or too dry.  We always brought our own lunch.
1945 C, 1949 WF and WD, 1981 185, 1982 8030, unknown D14(nonrunner)
Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2023 at 9:33pm
Always thought it would be a handy way to get some soil turned over. Invite everybody over and let them plow your field . Like others have said nobody hardly wants a plow on their land, let alone the liability. Glad to hear you are putting one on . Wish I was closer I would love to turn some soil.
The few that I have been to all do things differently. Some supply lunch ,others ask to bring a covered dish ,most just let you have a place to play.
Richard Aiken Ohio Always said if everyone brought a battery and 5 gallons of gas he could have a hell of a plow day
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
dr p View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2023 at 6:23am
We sort of had one a couple of springs ago. We did dish to pass. One of the issues if someone doean't have their plow set right, it can make a fitting tough. We could have one im trumansburg next spring if there is any interest?
ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2023 at 8:29am
I'm no farmer but why wouldn't getting your field plowed for free be a 'win win'?
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2023 at 10:31am
Originally posted by ACinSC ACinSC wrote:

I'm no farmer but why wouldn't getting your field plowed for free be a 'win win'?

The current science says to not disturbed the soil with tillage. I do not think no till is the only successful way to farm. But because of rocks and old tree roots, I have never been around a plow.
ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2023 at 11:58am
Okay thanks Ray .
AC720Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC720Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2023 at 4:31pm
I totally understand no-till and the reasoning behind it. But, plowing the ground every few years had its advantages also. Especially in flat ground. My buddy struggled with 3 fields no-till orchard grass. Low production even though he had followed what the soil samples. So I suggested we tear up the ground last fall that had been 23 years without a plow in it. Even though we went through a drought this year, the orchard grass field looked better than ever. The ground was hard packed and I feel the nutrients were not getting down to the roots were they needed to be.
1968 B-208, 1976 720 (2 of them)Danco brush hog, single bottom plow,52" snow thrower, belly mower,rear tine tiller, rear blade, front blade, 57"sickle bar,1983 917 hydro, 1968 7hp sno-bee, 1968 190XTD
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic