This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tire brands

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DSeries4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tire brands
    Posted: 05 Oct 2023 at 4:39pm
I am pricing new tires for the 8030.  I have received quotes for a couple of brands I am not familiar with:  Ceat from India and Armour from China.

Has anyone used these tires?  If so, would you recommend them?

Many thanks!
'49 G, '54 WD45, '55 CA, '56 WD45D, '57 WD45, '58 D14, '59 D14, '60 D14, '61 D15D, '66 D15II, '66 D21II, '67 D17IV, '67 D17IVD, '67 190XTD, '73 620, '76 185, '77 175, '84 8030, '85 6080
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2023 at 4:48pm
Most reviews of the Ceat tires are GOOD..

Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2023 at 6:19pm
I've known two folks that installed Ceat tires on antique semi tractors. I have no experience with farm tractor tires but none of the sixteen tires purchased stayed on the trucks very long till replacement. Not too bad when loaded with an empty semi trailer, but unladen were unbearable to drive.

These were bias ply 10.00X20 tire size. I know others that have ran Ceat radial truck tires and they were fine for short run operations like construction debris removal and grain hauling.

Those are direct observations from me without second hand bluster. 
A career built on repairing and improving engineering design deficiencies, shortcomings, and failures over 50 years now.
dfwallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfwallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2023 at 6:22pm
I went with Titan.  I wouldn't buy an off-brand tire no matter what.
rick ky View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rick ky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2023 at 7:05pm
titan and firestone work for myself and my brother. if you have to go with one replacement tire to match another brand, it may not match and you would have to purchase 2 matching tires of the same brand. this has been my experience that firestone and titan match each other very well. some of the brands don't look proper on the rims even though they say the tires are proper size. you may pay a little more for the quality name brand, but they will last longer and wear better than the "will-fit" brands.
EPALLIS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPALLIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2023 at 8:25pm
11 years ago i went with Titan's on my D-17 Series II.  Best price around at that time and no issues yet.  Hope that helps.  Good luck!
victoryallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote victoryallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2023 at 8:25pm
Anything but Alliance.  I’m partial to Firestone but bought a set of BKT and am happy 
8030 and 8050MFWD, 7580, 3 6080's, 160, 7060, 175, heirloom D17, Deere 8760
1955CA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1955CA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2023 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by victoryallis victoryallis wrote:

Anything but Alliance.  I’m partial to Firestone but bought a set of BKT and am happy 

How come? I just put Alliance on mine so I guess I will find out. I figured they would be good seeing as how they are Yokohama, who also now owns Trelleborg and Mitas.

I wanted Firestone but my tire dealer said if he gave me a price on them I would think he was ripping me off.
rtwfarm View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rtwfarm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2023 at 9:12pm
Had some alliance only last 3 years on some show tractors. Side wall cracks. Inside all time when not at show. Good luck
1955CA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1955CA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2023 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by rtwfarm rtwfarm wrote:

Had some alliance only last 3 years on some show tractors. Side wall cracks. Inside all time when not at show. Good luck

Well we'll see how it goes I guess. I had the same issues with Titan's and Carlisle's that came on my new Kubota's. Carlisle was awesome in that they sent me new tires free of charge, but the new replacements cracked right away too. And mine are also kept inside when not working.
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2023 at 9:02am
Sunday, I drug home another tractor. This time a Farmall 450, have wanted one for a very long time now. Tractor is NFE and all four tires are JUNK, may be original. In the short term the 6.50x16 four ribs that were on the D-15 will go on the front. New tubes this round! Not sure what it will get in the long run. It has Bad Year 15.5x38's on the back. They are on 13" rims. Tube is coming through the tread on the right! Haven't talked to the local tire guy yet but have looked at Firestone's website, they have some good options, 16.9x38 is No. 1 on my list.

I have played the look for used ones game a lot. Don't have the patience for that this time. I can use the expense for tax purposes this year.

Some other brand would have to be a SIGNIFICANT cost savings for me to go another direction. I worked at Titan tire for a short while in 2011, absolutely no love there!

There is a lot of factors that go into these decisions. I'll be keeping this one and want it to wear the best rubber available.

Edited by IBWD MIke - 06 Oct 2023 at 9:04am
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2023 at 9:14am
I'm in the same predicament with wanting the same size also along with new rims. Probably opt for Firestone, but BKT is a strong contender at this time.
A career built on repairing and improving engineering design deficiencies, shortcomings, and failures over 50 years now.
1955CA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1955CA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2023 at 9:16am
So for show tractors that sit outside in the sun all for the day at shows, do any of these tire protectants help any to keep them from cracking? Or is it all in the tire construction?
dfwallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfwallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2023 at 9:55am
Originally posted by 1955CA 1955CA wrote:

So for show tractors that sit outside in the sun all for the day at shows, do any of these tire protectants help any to keep them from cracking? Or is it all in the tire construction?

I think under-inflating can contribute to cracking.  I know they're usually only inflated to around 12 lbs.
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2023 at 1:28pm
I have a pair of Titian tires that I got in trade. They are about the same age as (I hate to say it) a pair of Harvest King (Chinese) tires on another tractor. Surprisingly the Harvest King Tires are holding up very well and the Titian tires look worse than a set on another tractor that are nearly 50 years old. However I have no way of knowing the care of the Titian tires before I got them, although I've seen many other Titian tires  that are new enough to be the Long bar/short bar tread that are badly cracked.
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
Real pullers don't have speed limits.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
560Dennis View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 560Dennis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2023 at 2:44pm
I recommend to stay with a quality tire manufacturer. 
Northern Hoser View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Northern Hoser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2023 at 3:00pm
Installed full set of Ceat tires on my 8030 two years ago happy with them, nice and smooth on the road. Put radials on the back and left them unloaded, happy with the traction. Seem a lot like a BKT. Only have maybe 150hrs on them though so can't speak to their longevity.

Matt
DSeries4 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DSeries4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2023 at 9:31pm

Tires will not deteriorate for one day out in the sun at a tractor show.  Leaving the tractor outside every day for 365 days a year will!
'49 G, '54 WD45, '55 CA, '56 WD45D, '57 WD45, '58 D14, '59 D14, '60 D14, '61 D15D, '66 D15II, '66 D21II, '67 D17IV, '67 D17IVD, '67 190XTD, '73 620, '76 185, '77 175, '84 8030, '85 6080
1955CA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1955CA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2023 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by DSeries4 DSeries4 wrote:

Tires will not deteriorate for one day out in the sun at a tractor show.  Leaving the tractor outside every day for 365 days a year will!

I know, was just wondering if it is worth putting any of those protectants on them to keep help prolong them.
55allis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 55allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2023 at 7:55am
Get Firestone…
GoodYears saying is their tire is good for a year…
Titan is made by Goodyear and so that’s why they crack out too.
1955 AC WD45 diesel with D262 repower, 1949 AC WD45
1955CA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1955CA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2023 at 8:39am
Originally posted by 55allis 55allis wrote:

Get Firestone…

Other way around. Titan makes Good Years agricultural tires.
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2023 at 5:31am

Get Firestone…

Yep.
1955CA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1955CA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2023 at 9:05am
Originally posted by IBWD MIke IBWD MIke wrote:

Get Firestone…

Yep.

I only knew that because I've had Titan and Good Year's replaced under warranty and it was Carlisle that contacted me and dealt with it.
55allis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 55allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2023 at 3:17pm
So than it goes like this: Titan makes Good Year which makes Carlisle?
1955 AC WD45 diesel with D262 repower, 1949 AC WD45
1955CA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1955CA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2023 at 5:23pm

So than it goes like this: Titan makes Good Year which makes Carlisle?

Carlisle was making all (or at least the parent company) of them at one time. It was them that I was dealing with. A woman from Carlisle was who I dealt with and she has sent me Carlisle and Titan tires a few years back.

But now from something I read on google....something may have changed with the Carlisle/Titan deal??

You can't keep track of who owns who any more now, LOL
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2023 at 6:04pm
Depends on what SIZE tires your talking about.............

April 2000----

Carlisle Companies Inc. has purchased Titan International Inc.´s original-equipment consumer tire and wheel business, which includes the lawn and garden, all-terrain vehicle and light-duty trailer markets.

The deal does not affect Titan´s aftermarket operations, and dealers should not be affected at all, said Titan President and CEO Maurice Taylor Jr.

Titan´s consumer tire unit recorded sales last year of more than $175 million—with a majority derived from original equipment sales—while Carlisle Tire & Wheel had estimated sales of $250 million to $300 million.

Carlisle put the sales of the portion of Titan´s business it is acquiring at more than $100 million.

The April 17 announcement comes about seven months after a $600 million merger deal between the two companies, in which Carlisle would have wholly controlled Titan, fell through. Carlisle and Titan agreed to that acquisition on Aug. 4, but the 90-day letter of intent was never renewed, and talks between the two firms dried up by early autumn.

But this transaction, valued at about $95 million, is a "done deal" and a good business decision for both companies, Mr. Taylor said.

"Titan and Carlisle have been in talks for quite some time regarding the benefits of combining the small wheel and tire business," Mr. Taylor said. "We finally arrived at a win-win agreement allowing both companies to increase future stockholder value."

In the cash-for-assets transaction, Carlisle has purchased Titan´s Clinton, Tenn., tire plant and Slinger, Wis., wheel factory, and is leasing Titan´s Greenwood, S.C., wheel facility.

Clinton—along with Titan´s Brownsville, Texas, plant—is the company´s main producer of ATV and lawn and garden tires, while the Greenwood facility is the largest wheel producer for those markets.

For Syracuse-based Carlisle, already a market leader in small-to-medium bias-ply off-highway tires and steel wheels, the purchase gives it needed manufacturing capacity, improved wheel-painting technology and expansion into larger tire sizes, the company said.

"This acquisition enhances our ability to serve our customers with the broadest range of products available in our key market segments and expands our market leadership," said Barry Littrell, president of the company´s Carlisle Tire & Wheel subsidiary, which will encompass the former Titan businesses.

Edited by steve(ill) - 08 Oct 2023 at 6:06pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
1955CA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1955CA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2023 at 10:14pm
I can't guarantee this, but I also read somewhere that Titan manufactures all the rims for Kubota?
victoryallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote victoryallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2023 at 8:34pm

Originally posted by victoryallis victoryallis wrote:

How come? I just put Alliance on mine so I guess I will find out. I figured they would be good seeing as how they are Yokohama, who also now owns Trelleborg and Mitas.

I wanted Firestone but my tire dealer said if he gave me a price on them I would think he was ripping me off.

Cracked real bad between the lugs in the first 18 months.   They look worse than the 35 - 40 year old Firestone’s my D17 have.   All tractors are shed kept.  
8030 and 8050MFWD, 7580, 3 6080's, 160, 7060, 175, heirloom D17, Deere 8760
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2023 at 6:59am
Talked to my tire-guy this week about the 16.9x38's I want for the new to me 450. Titans could be had for $300 a piece less than Firestone. Not putting long-bar short-bar's on her! BKT were $350 a piece less. Went with the Stones. I bet the old girl will hook-up when I'm out plowing with her! They were supposed to be here yesterday, when I called, one had made the trip from Des Moines to Monroe. Hopefully the other gets there this morning. Too wet to combine, I want to mount these things!!
Kevin210 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2023 at 10:42am
I put Trelleborg tires on my 210.
They aren't cheap by no means and I'm not using them
out in the field any just for pulling on the track.

So far I like them but they do take a lot of air pressure.
I also have a set that I put on first but I got them to short
and got another set and still have the first set but they're
probably to short for your 8030.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic