This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TSX428 carb on Allis "B"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TSX428 carb on Allis "B"
    Posted: 18 Sep 2023 at 6:33pm
I have a couple of the small B tractors that have carbs that have been "rebuilt" several times and internals / threads / jets are getting worn down.. I have been thinking for a couple years about the TSX428 carburetor sold on E-bay and others for $25-35. for the old FORD 134 CID tractors... Manifold bolt pattern is the same,  throttle nozzle looks to be the same size, choke and throttle levers are on the backside of the carb....

Only difference seems to be the throttle lever is pointed DOWN instead of UP.. and the NEW carb uses a ball socket to attach the two rods.... So i bought one and intend to modify the two levers , install on one of the tractors and run a "TEST" .... For $30. i figure i cant go wrong..

This is what i bought............

Edited by steve(ill) - 18 Sep 2023 at 6:39pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2023 at 6:36pm
This is what arrived today.....

IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2023 at 8:27am
Will be interesting to see how this works. I have bought a couple of the bargain carbs, both seem to work. Really don't know how they make them so cheap, even if labor is free the materials and shipping.....
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2023 at 8:38am
Very simple: China exports their unemployment to other countries by subsidizing their industries to keep their own people working. When people buy those cheap products it continues the cycle.
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
Real pullers don't have speed limits.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2023 at 9:04am
If you buy a REBUILD KIT to repair your 75 year old carb... The KIT cost as much or more ... and the KIT comes from CHINA... They dont make much in this country anymore..
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2023 at 1:26pm
Well, i finally got 2 hours of free time to work on the carburetor.. Took a BEFORE photo with the throttle arm pointed down.... then and AFTER photo of removal, new arm made and solder onto the  keyed shaft..  Arm that came with the carb was too short to just flip, so i made a new one of 1/8 inch plate... The CHOKE arm points UP instead of DOWN. If you remove and flip it would work backward, so i left it the way it was. Just removed the ball socket and built a little pinch clamp for the choke rod..

AFTER new throttle arm installed and  pinch clamp installed for choke-- below

Pinch clamp for choke made from 5/16  bolt turned down to fit 3/16 hole in arm.

Maybe i can get a few minutes this afternoon to fire it up and go cut some weeds !
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic