This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

D17 Series 4 draw bar

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tboone70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: D17 Series 4 draw bar
    Posted: 13 Sep 2023 at 5:57am
I recently purchased a D17 Series 4 and it is missing the draw bar and brackets. Anyone know where I could find those? Appreciate the help
Sponsored Links

Macon Rounds View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Macon Rounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2023 at 6:52am
Any of your neighbors that have a 100 series tractor.
Assuming it's a factory 3 point.

That's a joke.....

if you need Snap coupler bale and drawbar I have one of those.

I actually have 100 series parts too.
Complete factory 3 point if you want.

PM
me you contact phone number and the best time to call. :-)

Edited by Macon Rounds - 13 Sep 2023 at 6:58am
The Allis "D" Series Tractors, Gravely Walk behind Tractors, Cowboy Action Shooting !!!!!!! And Checkmate
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2023 at 7:03am
Series 4 drawbar and bail/brackets are unique to the series 4.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Macon Rounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2023 at 9:24am
Hey Dr

is the D19 bail same as
D17 IV ?
Snap coupler of corse.

I know I have Installed a few D19 drawbars on D17's because they are thicker and stronger.

Are the bails the same or different ?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Macon Rounds - 13 Sep 2023 at 9:49am
The Allis "D" Series Tractors, Gravely Walk behind Tractors, Cowboy Action Shooting !!!!!!! And Checkmate
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2023 at 10:56am
D19/190190XT would be very close, but I think the hangers are a wider stance, so the bail may be too.
Tboone70 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tboone70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2023 at 8:52pm
I have the snap coupler bale but need the draw bar and support brackets. I know the series 4 seems to be in a class by itself because it is different than the earlier series
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Macon Rounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2023 at 9:08pm
I'll look at my IV's tomorrow.

I know I have a draw bar but not for certain of the bail hangers if they are specific to IV's...

Tbone
were are you located in Ohio ?
I am just across the state line in PA. west of Pittsburgh
JoeO(CMO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeO(CMO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2023 at 6:54am
There is one listed on Facebook located at Lone Jack, MO
Oldwrench View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldwrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2023 at 7:21am
When I switched my D17IV from Snap Coupler over to 3ph, using the parts from a salvage 185 I think, I didn't bother to change the drawbar setup, and left it Snap Coupler.  The drawbar works just fine with the factory 3ph hardware, plus I can remove it in seconds.  I don't do a lot of heavy drawbar work, but the SC drawbar works just fine for most things.  It seems a lot more convenient than the "official" 3ph drawbar setup. 
Scott B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2023 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by JoeO(CMO) JoeO(CMO) wrote:

There is one listed on Facebook located at Lone Jack, MO
JoeO saw that for sale too!

D17 Series 1
Allis B- 1939
Allis B- 1945
Tboone70 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tboone70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2023 at 2:55pm
I was having trouble finding it on Facebook, if you can send me the link I sure would appreciate it
Tboone70 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tboone70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2023 at 2:56pm
Yes sir, I'm in ohio
Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2023 at 6:16am
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Macon Rounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2023 at 8:34pm
I thought maybe D19 might work but they are different in many ways.
here are a few photos.

actually, draw bar would work, bail is much different.

Edited by Macon Rounds - 19 Sep 2023 at 8:40pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic