This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

wd45 3pt conversion swaybar

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TOOLMAKER4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: wd45 3pt conversion swaybar
    Posted: 16 Dec 2022 at 4:25pm
i have a wd 45 with a three point coversion. it has factory ps. wide front end with two sets of two way hyd. ports. the problem i am having is the sway of the lift arms when using some of the attachments. has anyone added sway bars to the 3pt converted wd's. i am looking to fabricate something to control the sway of the implement.

Sponsored Links

exSW View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exSW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2022 at 4:37pm
Should look like this.

Edited by exSW - 16 Dec 2022 at 4:38pm
Learning AC...slowly
TOOLMAKER4 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TOOLMAKER4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2022 at 4:52pm
not sure what your picture is showing me or how it works
mdm1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2022 at 6:03pm
That goes between the lift arms on one style of conversion. I took mine off and put cross chains on instead because it interfered with a pto shaft. Do a search for allis 3pt conversions. Had trouble uploading a pic.
Everything is impossible until someone does it! WD45-trip loader 1947 c w/woods belly mower, 1939 B, #3 sickle mower 1944 B, 2 1948 G's. Misc other equipment that my wife calls JUNK!
jvin248 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jvin248 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2022 at 6:33pm

Pull up pictures of Ferguson 3 point tractors. You'll see how sway chains and bars are attached for different conditions. Then adapt to your AC.

Edited by jvin248 - 16 Dec 2022 at 6:38pm
exSW View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exSW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2022 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by TOOLMAKER4 TOOLMAKER4 wrote:

not sure what your picture is showing me or how it works
I'll get better pictures.  The part in my hand has a long bolt(14") that runs transversely through it mounting it between  the two lift brackets bolted to the bottom of the rear end housing.
Does an excellentjob of limiting sway a keeps the three point apparatus from contacting the ground. I've been moving 800# round bales with standard three point bale spear with no issues.

Edited by exSW - 16 Dec 2022 at 6:56pm
Learning AC...slowly
mdm1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2022 at 6:37am
This is the hitch that he is showing the pic of. I have the same style and I'm sure it works fine with a bale spear. My pto shaft for my brush mower would get in the way so I just put cross chains on it. What do you have for a conversion on your tractor?
Everything is impossible until someone does it! WD45-trip loader 1947 c w/woods belly mower, 1939 B, #3 sickle mower 1944 B, 2 1948 G's. Misc other equipment that my wife calls JUNK!
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TOOLMAKER4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2022 at 12:16pm
i have the 3pt conversion that has a 3" square tube with flat brackets that bolt to the draw bar bracket. i am thinking to add another short piece of 3" square and another flat piece with a hole to put another threaded pin in to keep the swing point the same as the lift arms, then drilling a hole for another threaded pin in the lift arm just out past the scew jacks that go up to the snap coupler on the ac factory lift arms. then making a center link style arm to go between the two treaded pins.

Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TOOLMAKER4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2022 at 12:23pm
this is the three point conversion i have
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TOOLMAKER4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2022 at 12:26pm
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TOOLMAKER4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2022 at 12:29pm
sorry first try at sending pic was a epic failure.

mdm1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2022 at 12:40pm
That horizontal piece that sits on the drawbar should take care of your problem. 
Brian G. NY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian G.  NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2022 at 4:02pm
That little piece with the chains is not a real anti sway setup. It more or less keeps the arms from flopping all over when no 3PH implement is attached. The A-C 3PH adaptor uses this setup.

I have a homemade 3PH adaptor on my D-17 made by the prior owner. It leaves a little to be desired but I really like the anti sway system. I have a Bush Hog that I use a lot on side hills and having the weight of it flopping back and forth could be dangerous. These adjustable anti sway bars are available from TSC and they can be adjusted to practically eliminate all sway. Of course, it requires a little fabrication for mounting the front pins but uses the original 3PH pins on the outer ends.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic