This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

190 gas fuel pump

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 190 gas fuel pump
    Posted: 16 Dec 2022 at 7:33pm
I know that this topic got brought up a while ago, but I need advice on it again. Pretty sure the fuel pump is out on my one ninety gasser; going to check it out better if I ever get done moving snow. Anyway, if it does turn out to be bad, are new ones available? Think I remember from when this got talked about before, the suggestion was made to put on an electric one, and I think I remember someone mentioning gravity feed and eliminating pump all together. Kind of need er fast, as it's my main snow blowing tractor. Guess the original mechanical one would be my first choice. Is there something in the automotive sector that fits to it? Thanks for any help, Darrel
Sponsored Links

Dave H (NE) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H (NE) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2022 at 7:58pm
Steiner has the mechanical one for 190   $250.
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2022 at 7:58pm
I would think if you would have to go with an electric fuel pump, I would recommend a pump that works in the 2-4 psi area for fuel pressure so you don't blow the needle off the  seat. With mechanical or electrical pumps you can also run a clear inline fuel filter to monitor cleanliness coming outta' the tank too....
Steve@B&B
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2022 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by Steve in NJ Steve in NJ wrote:

I would think if you would have to go with an electric fuel pump, I would recommend a pump that works in the 2-4 psi area for fuel pressure so you don't blow the needle off theĀ  seat. With mechanical or electrical pumps you can also run a clear inline fuel filter to monitor cleanliness coming outta' the tank too....
Steve@B&B

I had wondered about the "pressure issue" ,in the needle and seat holding it back. If I put a clear filter in the line, it should go after the pump, I assume? Or before?
Thanks Darrel
Ed (Ont) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed (Ont) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2022 at 8:48pm
In many automotive applications filter is between pump and carb. But I think you could do it either way. Anything to keep the fuel clean. Also in automotive fuel pressure that we considered good was 4-6 psi. Does not take much to keep carb full. Nothing  you can do to change it on a mechanical pump. Some of the electric pumps have adjustment and some not. Holley used to have a nice electric pump for carbs that was around 6psi.
Adam Stratton View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Stratton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2022 at 9:10pm
I've got one running direct right now, no fuel pump, have to keep a little more gas in it but it works. Rubber line and filter in the line.
JimWenigOH View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimWenigOH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2022 at 9:24pm
You could do what Adam is doing and then send yours to Hite Parts Exchange in Columbus, Ohio to get rebuilt. They have a fast turn-around.
Adam Stratton View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Stratton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2022 at 7:43am
I should add that I've also got a shut off on the line that I always use. I'm not sure if it would leak past the float or not but I shut it off as a safety
ksbowman View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksbowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2022 at 8:36am
It's been several years ago but, I got one from a NAPA auto parts. You might try them. I've got a couple that could be rebuilt just setting on the shelf.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic