This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Woods RM59 with a CA?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murph-NC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Woods RM59 with a CA?
    Posted: 31 Aug 2010 at 9:43pm
Just wondering if anyone uses a 3pt Woods mower like a RM59 with their CA.  I'm looking for an RM59 or something similar, but it's just not a combination I've seen very often, if ever... want to make sure I'm not missing something that keeps it from working well.
Sponsored Links

tomwestky View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomwestky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2010 at 5:27am
Don't have an RM59, but have run a L59 under the belly of my CA for years.  It does a smooth job.  End up buying a belt every year.  Mow about 5 acres of lawn(?) and right-of-way with it.
Murph-NC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murph-NC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2010 at 7:13am
Thanks Tom... that's a nice setup.  I've got an L503 under my C that does a great job.  I just need something different for another piece of property, and I want to be able to use different implements with my 3pt.
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2010 at 8:01am
I have a L306 under my CA. A RM 59 turns the wrong direction to put under your CA. The wood RM modles were made for Cubs.
tomwestky View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomwestky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2010 at 8:55am
Here is a Woods RD7200 that we are pulling behind a D10 Series III.  The D10 has plenty power, but it is a little light on the front end to lift the entire mower deck.  We use it on the farm to mow around barns, grain bins, right-of-way, etc.   Doubles as the power source for the grain auger at harvest time.
George Davenport View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Davenport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2010 at 10:20am
I run a  Woods RM59 behind my B with no regrets.
Murph-NC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murph-NC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2010 at 11:26am
Thanks for all the info guys.  Dave, my second post may have been misleading... I'm looking for a rear mount, 3pt mower.  Best I can tell, all the Woods RM models are rear mount.
countryguy828 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote countryguy828 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2010 at 1:11pm
I use a Woods RM600 on my B with 3pt. works well for me, over the weekend I mowed grass/weeds that was rubbing the bottoms of the footrests with it. It made the governor open up. The cut was a little rough but I suspect because the blades arnt any sharper than a bush hog.

Dave

Charlie175 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2010 at 1:28pm
I use a KingKutter 60" with my CUT and it works very good.
Charlie

'48 B, '51 CA, '56 WD45 '61 D17, '63 D12, '65 D10 , '68 One-Ninety XTD
Murph-NC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murph-NC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2010 at 7:51am
Thanks for all the input guys.  I found a finish mower... LMC brand I think.  I think I'll have to work on its mounting bracket as the PTO shaft hits it.  Has anyone else found that the CA's PTO is a little high for some implements?
DSpears N IL View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DSpears N IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2010 at 12:11pm
Murph, I have not had any PTO issues being to high and have not needed to shorten any Pto shafts to make them fit. I made my own version of a 3pt lift for my CA and use it for rototilling & finish mower which are both Maschio brand.

DeWayne
bauerd44 View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bauerd44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2010 at 12:32pm
DeWayne, please post some pictures of your made up hitch on your CA with either the tiller or mower.

Thanks Dale

Edited by bauerd44 - 30 Sep 2010 at 12:33pm
B26240 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B26240 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2010 at 2:34pm
DeWayne That is one VERY SHARP CA !!!!
caRon View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caRon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2010 at 3:19pm
Dewayne, very nice! but you might want to add some weight to that tractor. LOL. How does it steer?
Tom, your wide front looks really sharp with that L59.
CA Tractor
DonDittmar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonDittmar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2010 at 7:43am
Dad has a Woods RD8400, nice mower
Experience is a fancy name for past mistakes. "Great moments are born from great opportunity"

1968 D15D,1962 D19D
Also 1965 Cub Loboy and 1958 JD 720 Diesel Pony Start
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DSpears N IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2010 at 12:21pm
Dale, I have a photo of my 1st 3 point version, but having trouble coming up with the 2nd version photo! I made the 2nd version by using a snap coupler from a plow and had swival ends welded on for the lower section.

Ca Ron, It steers good if you are rolling along, but you need a strong arm or 2 if you are not moving!

DeWayne
Murph-NC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murph-NC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2010 at 4:58pm
Thanks for all the info guys, and great photos DeWayne.  On a related note, what size tires are most common on CAs?  Mine are 12.4 x 24.
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DSpears N IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2010 at 10:15pm
Murph, standard size is 11.2 x 24 on a 10" rim that I have on my CA in the 1st photo.
In the 2nd photo for pulling, I have 13.6 x 24 worn tread on 12" rims.
DeWayne

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic