This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Woods L306 on CA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Woods L306 on CA
    Posted: 16 May 2017 at 6:54am
I'm looking for pics of one on a CA.  I am going to buy a CA and I want to put my mower on it off from my C.  I'm wondering what brackets I will need and if anyone has any pics to help me out.  I'm going to post in the Classifieds also if anyone has some for sale.  But pics would be nice to see how it connects to the tractor....
Thanks!
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Sponsored Links

cdon_FL View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdon_FL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 8:05am
the woods L306 manual is available online for free pdf. Google it. I started there when I began the process of putting a L306 under my CA.

Still have not got it humming yet. belt routing and tuning has been a struggle for me.
Chris in NE Florida
Brian F(IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian F(IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 11:11am
This picture doesn't show much of the mounting hardware.  I still use the existing hydraulic rams and some chains to lift the mower.  I also modified the deck to accommodate individual belts to the outer arbors with one main drive belt to the rear.

I'm not sure if the C and CA main mounts are the same or not.

GregLawlerMinn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregLawlerMinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 1:29pm
The C and CA use the same rear mount between the axles.
What this country needs is more unemployed politicians-and lawyers.
Currently have: 1 D14 and a D15S2.
With new owners: 2Bs,9CAs,1WD,2 D12s,5D14s,3D15S2s, 2D17SIVs,D17D,1D19D;1 Unstyled WC
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 7:19pm
L 306 mounted on C CA is exactly the same except My CA doesn't have the manual lift lever. You cant see much on the CA because the Loader mounts completly block the view.The CA has the same Holes in the final drive as the C but for the CA the mount came with spacers that fit in the gap occupied by the draw bar on the C. The CA had the Hyd lift but I replaced the ram with a straight piece of pipe. The Hyd lift is useless, the blades must be turning for the Hyd pump to operate. The lift chains should be adjusted so all the way down is your mowing height. adjust the rear of the deck so its a 1/2" higher than the front and your good. the only reason the lift the deck from mowing position is to load it on the trailer. 

Edited by Dakota Dave - 16 May 2017 at 7:25pm
Bret (OH) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bret (OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 5:37am
Here's mine.
Brian F(IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian F(IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 1:15pm
Ted, 
As Dave said above, you'll need some type of spacer between the Woods mounting bracket and the final drive of the CA.  I used an oversized nut and 
some washers that will fit over the 5/8" bolt that goes through the mounting bracket and screws into the final drive.  You can barely see it in the picture below.

Edited by Brian F(IL) - 17 May 2017 at 2:05pm
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 11:13am
Thanks for the help guys!  Cross your fingers for me.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic