This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Who has an Allis 400 loader on a WD45?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC WD45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who has an Allis 400 loader on a WD45?
    Posted: 07 Oct 2023 at 6:53pm
Bought an Allis Chalmers 400 loader today. I intend to put this on my WD45. I am looking at pump options and I would like to go with a crank driven pump hidden away up front for full live power and third function. The problem is I have never seen one of these pumps or how they mount, so if anyone could provide some photos and a little more explanation it would be hugely appreciated. What GPM fo I need, what type of pump , etc. Photos of loader below!

German Shepherd dad
1957 Allis Chalmers WD45
#WD234847
1951 Allis Chalmers WD
#WD88193
Sponsored Links

Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2023 at 8:00pm

On an original Model 445 Loader, pump mounts directly in front of Crankshaft Pulley and is coupled to the Pulley.

There is no splined shaft like other Models.

G
Michael Crowe View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael Crowe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2023 at 8:25pm
Ive got a 445 loader on one of my WD45’s. I can send some pictures or i can scan in the manual if that helps. Call me if you have questions. It is an awesome loader. Michael 816 898 7277
The 14th Annual Exclusive AC Swap Meet will be held in Boonville, MO, March 7-8, 2025. See the club website for details: http://www.moacclub.com/
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2023 at 8:27pm
If you didn't see the two hoses going to the pump, you'd never see the pump.
AC WD45 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC WD45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2023 at 9:21pm
I may give you a call tomorrow afternoon
German Shepherd dad
1957 Allis Chalmers WD45
#WD234847
1951 Allis Chalmers WD
#WD88193
SteveMaskey(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveMaskey(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2023 at 9:54pm
This is what you will need. A pump from a Gleaner A, C, or F will work

Gary Burnett View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Burnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2023 at 5:40am
How about an electric over hydraulic pump like used to be used on rollbacks?
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2023 at 7:08am
Give Alex Wocking at A&W tractor a call. He stocks a lot of parts for AC front mounted hydraulic pumps.
Jim.ME View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim.ME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2023 at 7:15am
I don't think an electric over hydraulic pump would provide satisfactory loader operation.  Likely only about 3 gallons per minute and being electric the motor will have a duty cycle time limit; the loader control valve levers would need to activate the pump motor as well as control the hydraulic fluid flow in each position.  

10 gpm would be the minimum (more would be better) I want for a loader pump and available 100% of the time. An engine driven pump supplying a loader control valve having a third spool can provide a live hydraulic source for things like a grapple or other remote cylinders.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2023 at 7:25am
That particular "400-series" loader didn't come off of a WD/WD45 tractor. Looking at the brackets, I think it may have come from a 5040-45-50 Fiat tractor. So, it will require a lot of fab work to get it to fit your tractor. 
1963D17 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1963D17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2023 at 5:14pm
I have one on a reversed WD45. It has the pump kit running off the crankshaft. Good loader. That live pump should have been factory on every WD/WD45/D series made. Tucks up nicely between the engine and bolster on the WD's. Worked for John Deere for over 30 years. 
AC WD45 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC WD45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2023 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by DrAllis DrAllis wrote:

That particular "400-series" loader didn't come off of a WD/WD45 tractor. Looking at the brackets, I think it may have come from a 5040-45-50 Fiat tractor. So, it will require a lot of fab work to get it to fit your tractor. 

It appears I need to move the frame rails in 2" on either side and build my own axle brackets. Looks pretty straight forward and gives me something to do.
German Shepherd dad
1957 Allis Chalmers WD45
#WD234847
1951 Allis Chalmers WD
#WD88193
Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2023 at 8:33am
I sent you PM with a contact # to call about some of what you are looking for. 
He who dies with the most toys is,
nonetheless ,still dead.
If all else fails ,Read all that is PRINTED.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic