This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Woods Belly Mower on my B..How

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rasman57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Woods Belly Mower on my B..How
    Posted: 25 Jun 2010 at 8:50am
Just got a decent L306 Woods belly mower (6 foot) for the B.   The L306 and I think the L59 hook up the same way on the B, but the detail of the chain for lifting has me stumped.   The online manual from woods calls for the chain to attach to the mower deck by use of a cap plug?   Is that just a nut/bolt type deal?  Anybody have a photo of the chain hookup for detail reference?  Also, the 33 link chain called for must have a Y type split going down to the mower from the lift arm but the illustration in the online manual is vague.  Why does it have a split pin/hairpin called for?     Finally, Does anybody have the big assist spring that goes from the lift to the mower?       Appreciate the help.  

Ralph in Illinois
Sponsored Links

GregLawlerMinn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregLawlerMinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2010 at 9:33am
Ralph
If your B has a hydraulic pump, I may have the parts to lift the mower with the hydraulics. I have the small cylinder, lift brace that goes from the foot rest to torque tube and the swivel plate that the cylinder and lift chain hooks into. PM me if interested.
What this country needs is more unemployed politicians-and lawyers.
Currently have: 1 D14 and a D15S2.
With new owners: 2Bs,9CAs,1WD,2 D12s,5D14s,3D15S2s, 2D17SIVs,D17D,1D19D;1 Unstyled WC
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2010 at 10:39am
The newer decks have a sloted hole the chain link fits in. I think the plastic cap plug held the chain in place. Use a bolt to connect to the deck, whatever works.  At the Y I think they used a clevis to connect the bottom chain to the lift chain. The clevis needs the pin you asked about.The bottom chain being hooked to 2 places on the deck, you can move the clevis from one link to another to get it to balance the deck somewhat.

Edited by CTuckerNWIL - 25 Jun 2010 at 10:42am
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2010 at 10:45am
I guess that was clear as mud. The deck has a bracket with a round hole connected to a slot. You put the chain through the round hole, slide the second link up in the slot and put the plastic cap plug in the round hole. This will keep the chain in place.Each end of the chain is attached like this. Now connect the lift chain to the center link of the deck chain with the clevis or a bolt you have handy.

Edited by CTuckerNWIL - 25 Jun 2010 at 10:47am
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2010 at 12:07pm
The long chain goes to the right side. the short chain to the right. just stick a short chain link throught the lonc chain and put the pin in . The plastic caps are to keep the chains from sliding out of the slots. Adjust the short chaing to differant links to get the deck to lift reasonably level. Stay with the manual lift. With the lift assist spring even my wife can raise it with one hand. Rember wtih a hydraulic lift you must have the blades spinning to raise it.
rasman57 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rasman57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2010 at 4:40pm
Thanks.  I get it now.  My B does not have the hydraulic option.  I just ordered the big assist spring from the local Woods dealer... $18 bucks and should help me ease it up.   Never thought to see about those cap plug whatchamacallits..... I will field engineer the chain.  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic