This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Possibly going to let go of my 303 baler..value?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayD-17(NY) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Possibly going to let go of my 303 baler..value?
    Posted: 17 Sep 2017 at 9:42pm
Just throwing this out there, but I may be selling my old 303 baler, but with a soft market and it getting to be the wrong time of year to sell balers, I know it's a long shot.

It's a early baler with a 3 digit serial # so that makes a 1963???

It is fully operational, but like any baler of this vintage , it's small, and you have to go slow, and it can only handle single rows. It needs the knife sharpened and "shined up" a little more on the inside and then you could probably go a little faster with it. The last we used it, it was pressing and knotting perfectly.

I have relation who may give $500 for it. I have $750 invested in it, not including a handful of NOS parts I have yet to pick all up from a fellow forum member......

If anything, I thought I get a feel as to what everyone thought the current value should be on it, and at the very least, post up some pics to enjoy of it working last Summer. Up until now, it has been a miserably wet year in our neck of the woods and we didn't even find the time to get it out and play with it this year........ 

Edited by JayD-17(NY) - 17 Sep 2017 at 9:50pm
Sponsored Links

plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2017 at 10:18pm
There is one up the road from me on Craigslist for $1200. No picture and claims to be well maintained. I have not went to see it as I already have one with a thrower on it.
Kyle(MN) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kyle(MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2017 at 10:49pm
I'm sorry I can't help with the $$ angle, but thanks for posting the pics- Very Cool!!
Kenny L. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenny L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2017 at 9:30am
I paid north of what Plummerscarin said for my 303 but I know I paid to much but wouldn't sell it for less than 1500.00 the wife can sell it at the sell she'll have when I pass on. OuchWink Kenny L.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2017 at 9:51am
Yeesh why give the relative a great deal !!??!!

Seriously, I'd hold onto it until ten , $100 bills were offered. It looks like a fine baler, great pictures, so as long as you have room to store it !

Unless you need the 500, keep it as a 'working spare', cause where can YOU find it's equal for $500 when YOU need it ???

Jay

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2017 at 12:11pm
There's one for sale on the Denver CL for $1500 and it looks pretty rough, missing covers, etc.  They have been trying to sell it off and on for over a year.  Think it came from the sale in Kiowa, CO a year ago last spring.

Edited by JohnCO - 18 Sep 2017 at 12:11pm
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
olivetroad View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olivetroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2017 at 1:53pm
I sold a 303 a year ago that was always shedded and was in excellent condition for $1800.00.  We sold another 303 this past spring for $900.00 that looked like it would bale, but was rough to look at, needed tires, and was missing shields.

Results may vary in your neck of the woods......
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic