This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wisconsin AC dealerships

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 190xt MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wisconsin AC dealerships
    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 10:21pm
Does anybody know if there was an AC dealer in Merrill Wi? I suppose it could have been considered Wausau also, being it would have been between the two towns. I seem to remember an AC sign outside an old dealer building, of course I was around 6 at the time! Thanks in advance for any replies.
Sponsored Links

Kurzy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kurzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 7:19am
  Howdy 190xtMN,
  In Wausau for many years was the Cloverbelt coop. Just off down town we called in the hole. I bought a brand new AC 611 ltd lawn mower from them. Then after the closing of Allis a friend of mine by the name of Bob Eckardt started a AC dealership between Wausau and Merrill. He ran it for some time still getting new Allis tractors. It is closed for some time.

Kurzy
Kurzy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kurzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 7:21am
Howdy 190xt MN,
Yes Wausau had a AC dealership right close to down town. CloverBelt Coop.

Kurzy
Lon(MN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lon(MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 8:01am
Yes there was a dealer in Merrill. My Dad bought a WD new in March of 1950 and a roto baler. I have the WD in my collection. The Roto Baler was traded in 1965 for a New Holland 270. I worked with the Wausau dealer in 1976. My friend was getting married and we used a new Allis tractor and New Idea spreader to transport the wedding party from the church to the reception. It made the front page in the paper. Another dealer opened near the end of Allis and was located on the corner of K and L between Merrill and Wausau. And there is your history lessen. Hope you enjoyed it. 
190xt MN View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 190xt MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 8:55am
Yep, the one on cty K was the one I was referring to. Also very interesting to know there was one in Wausau and one in Merrill years ago. I’ll have to ask my dad, I’d be surprised if he didn’t remember at least one of them. Thanks for the info guys, like I said, I was only around 6 at that time, and was pretty sure about it, but I figured that someone on this site knew for sure. My family was mostly John Deere, but I always liked the orange ones!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic