This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Will my D15II run this?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
copyrite1972 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote copyrite1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Will my D15II run this?
    Posted: 03 Jun 2017 at 11:21pm
Ouch! Clap
D15 Series II
Sponsored Links

Gary Burnett View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Burnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2017 at 7:04am
The buyer probably didn't have to ask his wifeCool
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote copyrite1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2017 at 11:53pm
Cry Nope, called 10 minutes too late......

Thanks Fellers! maybe next time
D15 Series II
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2017 at 10:45pm
It's no longer listed, hope you were the buyer!
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote copyrite1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2017 at 3:57pm
Thanks for all the input Fellas! Think I'll call him (After I talk to "The Boss" about it! LOL)
D15 Series II
Tracy Martin TN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2017 at 1:42pm
Great mower. Only thing to watch for is when turning. Don't turn too sharp. The tongue is the weak link on them.HTH Tracy
No greater gift than healthy grandkids!
TimNearFortWorth View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimNearFortWorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2017 at 1:07pm
If your Series Two is in  reasonably good shape engine wise, it will have no issues with it.
My "tired" high hour SII SC runs a heavy 6' Bush Hog brand cutter with a A-C 3-pt. adaptor.
1st gear low or high range on the PD, in brush/native grasses sometimes above the radiator cap.
2nd low range all day long in open pastures, 2-3' tall grasses including bunch grasses.
Keep it up so only cutting 3" minimum height and just touch a grinder to the blade edges occasionally and she will be fine. I have the 5" version (3-pt.) of that cutter and the clutch set-up is sweet. Just be sure to check the two pins/springs on the clutch assembly before you put it to work and check the tension nut.
Kept lubed, they are tough old units.
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2017 at 10:37am
That one hasn't been used too hard....the sides still look flat. Worth the money.
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2017 at 7:02am
Originally posted by Gary Burnett Gary Burnett wrote:

Don't need the collars on the cylinder with the set up shown the rachet assembly
holds it to whatever cutting height needed.

Ohh, OK I looked at the pictures and see that. On my Bush hog the ratchet replaces the cylinder, no place for both.

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Burnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2017 at 6:47am
Originally posted by Butch(OH) Butch(OH) wrote:

I am pulling a 6' BushHog 306 with my D-15II  and it handles it like a boss. Can run in 3rd high unless the grass is knee high.   If you need a cylinder be sure to get some depth stops for it as you will need them due to the iffy hydraulic hold on the 15. I just run the turnbuckle on mine.

Don't need the collars on the cylinder with the set up shown the rachet assembly
holds it to whatever cutting height needed.
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2017 at 5:13am
I am pulling a 6' BushHog 306 with my D-15II  and it handles it like a boss. Can run in 3rd high unless the grass is knee high.   If you need a cylinder be sure to get some depth stops for it as you will need them due to the iffy hydraulic hold on the 15. I just run the turnbuckle on mine.
Calvin Schmidt View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2017 at 5:05am
I have a 6' cutter on my D-15 II that is used for road ditches. Lots of power.
Nothing is impossible if it is properly financed
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Burnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2017 at 1:58am
Really good cutters,I have one I use right much.The D15 can pull it in normal cutting
situations.With reasonably sharp blades they do a good job and that's a good price on it too.The rachet adjuster on it now sets the height,a cylinder just raises it to transport it I usually don't worry about having a cylinder on mine.I rode a lot of miles growing up on a WD45 and one of those hooked  to it,found mine at an auction awhile back.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote copyrite1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2017 at 10:42pm
This popped up on CL:

My question: Will my D15 II run it? I think it might be missing a hydraulic ram to adjust the height, but I'm good with what's on it now.

Can anyone tell me anything about it?

Thanks in advance!  
D15 Series II
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic