This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Whats some options for satillite tv ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Whats some options for satillite tv ?
    Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 11:37am
I have Dish Network now and the package is gotten to 150 a month,, thing that gets me is I only watch maybe 10 channels,, but to have those channels you gotta have that package ! Just curious as to what other deals are out there
Sponsored Links

Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 11:51am
If you can get Direct or another sattelite  service check their prices then call Dish and tell them you are going to switch, they will probably cut you a better deal to get you to stay. If not go with another company for two years and then switchback as a new customer to get a better deal. The sorry bastards won't reward loyal customers that stay with them and don't threaten to change. Insurance companies are the same way, you need to do a price comparison on them at least every three years.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 11:51am
We had Dish and it also was $150 a month and that was just crazy. We have high speed internet so we went with ROKU and now stream everything. Netflix is like $15 a month and we already had Amazon Prime. Daughter has YouTubeTV and we share her account. She pays like $40 a month. But if you don't have high speed internet then your options are limited.

Edited by Stan IL&TN - 22 Jul 2019 at 11:52am
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 1:11pm
We have DISH... Cost is $70. month.. I pay $35 for "BASIC" which is about 50 channels of old cowboy shows, 60s-70s shows , home remodel, several movie channels, and about 40 you never watch.......... Then I pay $10. to get 3 NETWORK channels added ( NBC, CBS, ABC) ... then I pay $10. to get 6-7 different NEWS channels as I like to watch FOX NEWS from time to time.......Then I pay $10. extra to get 8 CARTOON channels for the grandkids when they show up.......... add $5 tax and all in for $70. month.   Basic package is called FLEX I believe ?
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 2:09pm
I have DirecTV.  Every year they raise the price.  I call them and they immediately find discounts for me to get it back down to what it was before.  Called, Loyalty Discount, or something like that.  When you call them just tell them that the cost is too much.  They will probably say there is nothing they can do for you.  Ask them if you can speak to a higher authority and they should reduce your bill. 
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 4:05pm
I did like Stan, 4yrs ago, just Roku and Netfix. Tons of stuff and only $12 mo. Thumbs Up
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 4:27pm
I did like Stan, 4yrs ago, just Roku and Netfix. Tons of stuff and only $12 mo.

My daughter does that, but she lives in the "BIG CITY" where they have High Speed Internet.... Don't have that where we live.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 4:44pm
Steve what do you do for internet then, use dial up or your cell phone?  I use 12mb DSL (landline phone line).

Edited by chaskaduo - 22 Jul 2019 at 4:47pm
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 5:33pm
  I just got a "Loyality Customer" upgrade for the cable and the high speed internet. They had an upgrade they were offering ,,so I called and asked for the special promo and,,,,they tell me it is "JUST FOR NEW CUSTOMERS",,,!!!  I informed thet BI&&& that I wanted to cancel the whole friggin deal with their cable and the internet and wanted to talk with a supervisor,,,,they made me wait for at least 20 minutes but finally got one on the line. She started thet same song and dance so I told her to just have them CANCEL the cable AND the iinternet and hung up on her. The next day I called again and asked WHY they had not cut the cable off as DISH was here to install their service for satellite AND internet.  5 Minutes later a supervisor calls me and offers to "Help Me Resolve" this issue. I explain the "New Customer" BS issue and she asks me if I want the "Special Promo" deal with the special price per month I could sign up with a 3 year contract and a price guarantee for AME package we're on now PLUS an upgrade on the internet to 50 MBPS of fiber cable and fiber internet,,,,, thet 50 MBPS is so friggin fast you cannot believe it,,,!!!!! 
 SOOoooo,,,they will do some wheelin and dealin if you agree to the extended contract but what the heck,,,you're gonna have that service anyway,,might as well get it as cheep as you can with a gauranteed price per month for the length of the contract,,,ClapClap
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 7:12pm
Steve what do you do for internet then, use dial up or your cell phone?  I use 12mb DSL (landline phone line).

Yea, we live 8 miles from small town.. We had a land line and I was paying $35. for it and $35. for DSL over the line... I called about cancelling and they said we could drop the PHONE, but keep the line for the DSL.... so for 3-4 years we have had DSL over the land line and phone.... for $35. month.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 7:21pm
My BIL plays the game with them every 6 months or so when the special deal goes away and they keep it the same price for another 6 months. He likes to brag about it and that's fine but when they try that stuff with me like when I called them up to cancel the service it just makes me mad. Been a loyal customer for more than 10 years and only when I threatened to cancel did they want to act like my best friend. If they were my friend they would have upgraded my equipment as soon as it came out but no they just give that to the new customers. Ok I'm getting down off the soapbox and headed to get a beer to calm down.😡
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 7:35pm
  Hey Stan,,,Call em tamarrow and ask to talk to a supervisor,,,,The Customer Service peoples cannot make the "special Loyality Deals ,,,,has to be a supervisor,,,tell em ole Shameless be callin em if they don't straighten up,,,,,,,Wink
 Seriously,, as long as you been a "loyal" customer they will give you thet deal if you don't have any heart ache with the extended 3 year contract to qualify for the special deal. Chit,,you gonna be with them anyway,,,might as well get the special cut rate they give to new customers,,,,
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 10:04pm
DirecTV gives me the lower price for one year, each year, no contract.  The first time I called I asked the person, "How long do I need to be cancelled for, to come back and get the new promo deal?".  That's when they transferred me to the Loyalty Department.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 9:55am
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

Hey Stan,,,Call em tamarrow and ask to talk to a supervisor,,,,The Customer Service peoples cannot make the "special Loyality Deals ,,,,has to be a supervisor,,,tell em ole Shameless be callin em if they don't straighten up,,,,,,,Wink
 Seriously,, as long as you been a "loyal" customer they will give you thet deal if you don't have any heart ache with the extended 3 year contract to qualify for the special deal. Chit,,you gonna be with them anyway,,,might as well get the special cut rate they give to new customers,,,,

Too late for that Joe. Equipment sent back, dish went into the trash and post pulled out of the ground. Done with both DirectTV and Dish. Down the road when everyone has high speed internet they are going to go the way of VHS tapes and 8 track tapes.
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2019 at 11:41pm
we got rid of all of it three or four years ago and got an antanna and have not looked back
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic