This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What can a WC do?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Hubnut View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What can a WC do?
    Posted: 17 Nov 2015 at 8:07pm
Can a WC be used for any significant work?  Like a mower or added hydraulics?
Sponsored Links

bigcountry48 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigcountry48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2015 at 8:09pm
I've got an unstyled that has a hydraulic pump where the pto goes. It's good because you can use a loader, but you lose your pto. Give and take I guess!
1950 B, 1952 pulling wd, and 1954 wd45
Dan Hauter View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan Hauter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2015 at 8:40pm
Does your WC have a PTO?  Some of the unstyled WC's didn't.  A PTO  can be added.  I have a friend who had a WC with hydraulics and it made a good loader tractor.  No reason a WC can't be used as a general chore tractor for raking, baling, mowing, pulling wagons, running an auger, etc.
Hubnut View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2015 at 8:43pm
Just curious because I see one for sale.  I need to check about the PTO.  Are loaders available for these tractors?  Readily available?
Unit3 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2015 at 8:56pm
Put a front pump on it - IF - it has a starter. Then you don't lose the PTO.
2-8070FWA PS/8050PS/7080/7045PS/200/D15-II/2-WD45/WD/3-WC/UC/C
carl View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2015 at 9:02pm
You can make a loader work, but that isn't the best use. I have a non running WC with loader and pot pump, that came with my good WC. But you lose your hydraulic whenever you use the clutch so you have to put it in neutral -it's clumsy. They pull a pull type two bottom plow nicely, good for hay rides, parades, other pull type implements.
Harvey/pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harvey/pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2015 at 9:20pm
 75 years ago they did everything...Harvey
WC7610 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WC7610 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2015 at 9:31pm

WD/WD45 would be a better loader tractor, but if you go with WC, do as Unit3 suggested- electric start and pump on the front crank.

Thanks

Most Bad Government has grown out of Too Much Government- Thomas Jefferson
grinder220 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grinder220 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2015 at 9:40pm
We bought a 36 WC that had a hydraulic pump/reservoir/valve (all one unit) mounted on the frame and driven off the fan belt. It had an old Midwest loader on it. Sold the pump, scrapped the loader and restored the tractor.
SHAMELESS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHAMELESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2015 at 9:49pm
the tractor can do it, if you can!
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2015 at 7:14am
I took this picture at the GOTO when it was in Ca.
I may have posted it before.

Dusty

917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2015 at 7:16am
Had an uncle who dug his basement with a loader on his WC back in the 1960's.
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2015 at 7:19am
[QUOTE=Dusty MI]I took this picture at the GOTO when it was in Ca.
I may have posted it before.

Dusty

[/QUOTE)
It didn't post.  I can e-mail it if someone wants it. It's an unstyled WC with a loader on it.
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
DougS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2015 at 7:39am
You can add hydraulics. You can add a loader. If it's an unstyled WC I'd prefer to leave it stock. That's just me. For only a little more, probably less than it would cost to upfit a WC, you can buy something a little newer with hydraulics and perhaps even power steering. A loader without power steering can be a pain. Also, a loader with a wide front is safer.

KenBWisc View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KenBWisc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2015 at 8:48am
2x14" plow. Six to eight foot disc. Sickle mower. 
'34 WC #629, '49 G, '49 B, '49 WD, '62 D-19, '38 All Crop 60 and still hunting!
DennisA (IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DennisA (IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2015 at 9:12am
The "WC" was a great tractor in it's day. It did all the field and homestead work. Now days the "WC" is a little awkward. No hydraulics or foot brakes. Both of which can be changed by using aftermarket kits. For mowing you don't need hydraulics if the mower has gauge wheels or some kind of a stop to keep it up off the ground.
I have a 1938 styled that my great grandfather bought new in 1939. Was the first tractor on the farm. I still need to restore it. I was going to add a hydraulic pump behind the distributor, but the pumps are hard to find.
Thanks & God Bless

Dennis
Gerald J. View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerald J. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2015 at 9:15am
Hay rake is light load. Hay baler takes a PTO on the back end. My 4 row planter takes only about 15 or 20 hp to pull it but needs 2000 psi hydraulics to lift and 12 volts for the monitor.

Gerald J.
Unit3 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2015 at 10:12am
Ours will start in the dead of winter to run a PTO generator when the power goes out.

P.S. A good running WC will put a smile on your face. What more do you need?

Edited by Unit3 - 18 Nov 2015 at 10:14am
2-8070FWA PS/8050PS/7080/7045PS/200/D15-II/2-WD45/WD/3-WC/UC/C
Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2015 at 10:50am
I can maintain my drive way .

He who dies with the most toys is,
nonetheless ,still dead.
If all else fails ,Read all that is PRINTED.
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2015 at 11:32am
Originally posted by Fred in Pa Fred in Pa wrote:

I can maintain my drive way .

I want picture of that unit actually blading stone, LOL
DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2015 at 1:56pm
Notice how nice the paint is down on the cutting edge of Fred's maintainer...   
Ten Amendments, Ten Commandments, and one Golden Rule solve most every problem. Citrus hand-cleaner with Pumice does the rest.
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2015 at 3:27pm
3 WD45's with power steering,G,D15 fork lift,D19, W-Speed Patrol, "A" Gleaner with a 330 corn head,"66" combine,roto-baler, and lots of Snap Coupler implements to make them work for their keep.

Dan73 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2015 at 4:32pm
Well Fred did say he "could" not that he did. Fred that is one nice looking grader setup.
Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2015 at 4:37pm
1939 Maintainer only 411 built. These where before the W-Patrol.

Thanks
He who dies with the most toys is,
nonetheless ,still dead.
If all else fails ,Read all that is PRINTED.
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2015 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by Fred in Pa Fred in Pa wrote:

1939 Maintainer only 411 built. These where before the W-Patrol.

Thanks

If my old W patrol was as nice as your Maintainer is she will not be working the driveway over.
3 WD45's with power steering,G,D15 fork lift,D19, W-Speed Patrol, "A" Gleaner with a 330 corn head,"66" combine,roto-baler, and lots of Snap Coupler implements to make them work for their keep.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic